Canadian Student Visa Document Checklistby Ragini Sharma Study Abroad Consultant
Canadian visas are of different types based on the purpose of traveling to Canada like Canada Visitor visa, Canada Student visa, Canada Work visa and Parents and Grandparents Super Visa. As the name suggests, a Canada student visa is required to enter Canada for continuing higher education.
A basic distinguishing point between study permit and visa is that a study permit allows studying in Canada for the entire degree program and a temporary residence of 3 months afterward. On the other hand, a visitor visa confers the right to foreign nationals to enter Canada. However, it depends on the nationality of the student whether it is required to apply for a visitor visa separately or not.
Foreign nationals of China, India, Morocco, Philippines, etc. may apply through Student Direct Stream and expect to receive study permits at a faster pace than normal usually within 20 calendar days. For an Indian student to travel to Canada, basically three things are needed- a passport, a study permit and a visitor visa which is automatically granted.
Why Apply Online?
Unlike offline mode, online processing of an application for a study abroad student visa is easy, effortless and time-saving. Some other positive aspects of it are-
- No need of sending across the hardcopy of the application form by walking into a VFS center
- It saves paper and courier charges as well.
- An applicant can track the status of application processing.
- Reasons for deferral, incomplete documentation or any other implication can be communicated in a much faster and accurate manner.
- An applicant can quickly upload documents twice or thrice in case of need and submit them.
Any student enrolled for the degree course at Designated Learning Institutions (DLI) and received an offer letter is eligible to apply for a study permit. Upon fulfilling all the below conditions, an international student is eligible for a study permit:
- Proof of acceptance from the desired and designated education institution.
- A proof that there is enough account balance to support study, stay and the airfare.
- A legal document as a piece of evidence signifying that no crime has been committed to date.
- A Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) of CAD 10,000 purchased and duly signed by the applicant.
- In case of pursuing studies at Quebec, Certificat d’acceptation du Québec (CAQ) is mandatory.
- A medical certificate stating that the student is in good health.
- Most recent academic transcripts in the English language
- Result of International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with an overall 6.0 band as proof that you’re proficient in the English language.
The list of documents that should be submitted along with the study permit application form is-
A photocopy of the bio page of your original passport; not xeroxed and the passport should be valid till the duration of the degree program.
All previously expired and canceled passports should be included if required.
Study Permit Questionnaire
Two recently shot passport size photographs adhering to the specified dimension. Your name should be written on the backside of the photo.
Letter of acceptance received from the respective educational institution in Canada explicitly stating the course title, duration of the study, the level of degree and the date of admission.
Besides, leaving certificate and photocopies of mark sheets of the last appeared academic examination such as the higher secondary exam or bachelor is also preferred.
Past two years’ Income Tax Return for you and your parents.
Scholarship details like name of the scholarship, amount of full scholarship, duration and conditions binding to it, if received any.
If you have been employed earlier or continuing employment, then payslips of last 3 months, offer letter from your current and past employers stating your job description, roles and responsibilities, salary, and service period.
Remember, it is important to submit all the documents that are mentioned in your application form. Any delay from your side passes on the impression that the applicant is not serious. For information on what and how to study in Canada, please reach out to overseas education consultants.
Hope you liked our article!
Keep visiting the page for more interesting articles on higher studies abroad!
Created on Feb 26th 2020 04:07. Viewed 369 times.