Buying Rough Gemstones Jewelry - Some Smart Buying Tips That You Must Knowby Akash Chauhan Google Marketing Consultant
Precious gemstones like diamonds are meant to enhance the beauty and charm of the wearer. It can make you appear classy and sophisticated. The sheer radiance, sheen and shine of most popular gemstones are some of the reasons for buying them. The glitter and sparkle are enough to appall the viewer. Regarded as the emperor of gemstones, diamond is the purest and the hardest mineral derivative on this planet. Diamond is the most expensive and most popular of all gemstones. Nowadays, rough gemstones are also gaining popularity. If you are willing to purchase gemstones, you should know about rough gemstones.
What are rough gemstones?
A rough gemstone is the stone which is un-cut, un-shaped stone belonging to the category of gem. The stone is indeed in its most natural form where no one has meddled with it. So, rough stone is found underneath the earth’s surface and its form is not touched. It is in the way Mother Nature made it. Although the name should be ‘raw gems’, the gems are called ‘rough gems’.
Tips to buy rough gemstones
When you are buying raw gemstone from rough gemstones suppliers, be aware that once the rough stone gets faceted into the shape of gemstone, what you get is just 1/3rd size of the gemstone. When choosing the shape, it is crucial to imagine the shape of stone’s facet based upon its rough shape. You need to do so if you do not want to acquire smaller gemstone. The following tips can be followed:
· Shop in the daylight: It is important to make purchases when it is day. The true color of the gemstone can be seen only when it is day time. In fact, the true color of the stone is more likely to surface then only.
· Color Test: If you want, you can use the gemstone color test grader to determine the exact color of rough gemstone. The color test grader will let you see the original color under the daylight lamp.
· First Timer: If you are buying rough gemstone for the first time, it is even more important to use a test grader to learn if the stone is pure or just the stimulant.
· Analyze: You must ask about the weight of the rough gemstone after it is polished. When buying the gemstone, you need to take into consideration several other factors. Some of them include the internal stress, the shape of the rough gemstone along with crystallization deformations.
· Be Attentive: If the salesperson says that the color has slightly changed during cutting, be careful of your purchases. There is no rule that the color changes and it is evident that the salesperson is trying to cheat you.
· Bring your testing tools: If you are a beginner, it may be hard to differentiate between the real gemstone and a fake one. So, it is wise to carry your own testing tools.
By following the tips mentioned in this section, you will make an informed buying decision. Choose only a reliable and reputed seller of rough gemstones.
Created on Oct 7th 2017 07:41. Viewed 1,336 times.