Boarding school- A holistic curriculumby Rohan Sinha Author Some of the common questions that many parents ponder over are- Why should you consider sending your child to boarding school? Wouldn’t they do well in a day school? But, there are many reasons of sending your child to boarding school rather than a day school. Boarding schools enrich your child with holistic learning by providing them proper academics, the extra-curricular activities and the athletics.
There are top boys’ boarding schools in India that provide the students with the opportunity to access facilities and a world class standard of education. Boarding school students are exposed to many opportunities that they would otherwise not have had and due to this the students successfully take up all the options available and enthusiastically try new things that were previously unexplored.
Most often is that parents want their children to experience a more holistic education and feel that even the ‘best’ schools in India are too focused on academics. Whether you feel that this focus robs children of their most carefree years or whether you believe that your child is simply not academically oriented, it is a fact that boarding schools have robust, in-built extracurricular programming that is a way-of-life on campus.
Below mentioned are some of the pros of boarding schools-
• Boarding school teaches life lessons of self-reliance, respect, and self-confidence, taught under the watchful eye of an established boarding school culture, is “priceless.”
• Young people actually learn to be independent— a skill necessary for navigating the entirety of adulthood.
• You get to know what the actual living of life is. You learn to live on your own, depending on your own judgment, working out your own solutions every waking moment.
• Boarding schools help students recognize their self-worth.
• Sports facilities are far superior to day schools.
• Your child learns many important life skills like household chores, doing one’s laundry, and work projects.
• Boarding schools also teach interpersonal skills like getting along with roommates in living situations and working out conflict.
So, be it a boys boarding school or girls’ boarding school or co-ed boarding school, your child will grow and learn with a holistic curriculum.
Created on Mar 27th 2019 05:31. Viewed 362 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.