Benefits Of Pursuing A Career In Aged Care Services Australiaby Jamie Dawson Marketing Manager
No career can be more fulfilling and selfless than providing care to those who genuinely need it. Also, in this pandemic time, where all industries have experienced a major setback, the aged care service industry will remain unaffected even in times to come. Because t\here are numerous elderly individuals throughout Australia who require special assistance in their old age.
So, let us see the top 6 reasons why obtaining an aged care certificate 3 for aged care services as a career is a decision in the right direction.
1. Job availability and security: According to an Adzuna job market report released in 2016, there is double the number of vacancies in the aged care sector. This means the candidates who are sufficiently qualified for this job have ample opportunities to gain a good position in this sector.
2. Jobs of every skill and personality type: In this sector, there are various streams in which you can pursue your career like administration, human resources, catering, frontline support and managerial roles.
Additionally, you can choose your work environment too. For example, if you think you cant work with younger children, you may opt to offer your support to aged people either in community centres or residential aged care homes.
3. Flexible working hours: One of the many best features, this career stream offers is flexible work hours. It is not a typical 9-5 job. No strict work schedule to follow which makes it easy for the aspirants to work around their plans. People also get penalty rates for night shifts and weekend works.
4. A steady career growth: A candidate can enter this industry as support staff and with dedication, hard work and ongoing training, they can climb the ladder of success and hold managerial positions in this sector.
Also, if you want to grow more in the same service line then one can begin with obtaining aged care certificate 3 in Melbourne and then study for higher certifications.
5. Be a part of a positive and supportive environment: Aged care service industry needs people who are patient, empathetic and have a natural tendency to help and take care of people. To build a great career in this profession, the person must exhibit qualities like being physically fit, excellent communication skills and carrying a positive and supportive attitude. When all the workers around possess these qualities, the work environment becomes abundant with positive vibes and you can make a real difference in the lives of people around you.
There cannot be any profession nobler than aged care. If you become interested in completing aged care certificate 3, you will find that nothing can be more meaningful and fulfilling than assisting elderly people in leading a better life, listening to them patiently, being their immediate family and becoming a reason for their smile.
Created on Nov 12th 2021 04:50. Viewed 117 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.