Amazing Diwali Gift Ideasby sunil gavaskar clan member
Diwali is the time when we bond and share gifts and memories with our loved ones. This is the much-awaited time of the year when everything is lit up and there is happiness everywhere you look. People clean their homes, wear new clothes and make some delicious sweet and savoury food items to celebrate the festival of lights – Deepavali. But the most taxing part of this colourful festival is deciding on what to gift family and friends. Here are a few traditional Diwali gift ideas that will bring a smile on the faces of your loved ones.
· A pretty Bramha Kamal Diya makes for a perfect traditional gift shaped like a Lotus, this diya is inspired by the flower in which Lord Brahma (the Creator) was born. It can be lit during the Diwali puja to add to the auspicious ambience.
· Gift a beautiful set of Mahalaxmi Twinklers to add a festive touch to the home décor. When lit, the lamps create spectacular enlarged patterns on the wall. One can light a tea light or small scented candle in the twinklers and place them in the living room.
· You can also gift a lovely decorative electronic hanging diya for that ethnic touch. Hanging diyas can be used to decorate the home entrance or balcony. There is a wide range of colours and designs available online that you can choose from.
· 3D Yantras like the Laxmi Kuber Yantra or the Siddh Meru Ganesha Yantra also make an ideal Diwali gift. Installing and worshipping the Yantra during Diwali brings good luck and prosperity. You can also choose from a variety of 2D metal-based as well as gemstone plate Yantras.
· Decorative gemstone idols of Laxmi or Ganesha can be a lovely gift during this auspicious time. Many people buy Diwali decoration items and puja items during this time and a new idol can be just the perfect gift for the occasion.
· Gift ethnic jewellery like the Laxmi Rudraksha pendant or a Mahalaxmi Kantha mala for prosperity and success can be bought
These traditional gift ideas are sure to add charm to your Diwali preparations. You can do your Diwali shopping online to save time and hassle during this hectic festive season. It is occasions like these when we can truly enjoy the essence of Indian culture. Keep the tradition alive by sharing stories, good food and some lovely traditional gifts.
Created on Oct 4th 2017 12:01. Viewed 1,223 times.