All-In-One Single Unified Secure Multi-Channel Multi-Service Freeware Mobile App: UMANGby Souporno Ghosh Student Umang, also known as Unified Mobile Application, is an all-in-one app launched to encourage more people to adopt digital payment transactions in the country. The Umang app is a unified application that can be used to avail a number of pan India e-government services such as filing income tax, making Aadhar and provident fund queries, booking a gas cylinder, Passport Seva, among others. This platform provides people access to more than 100 services, from both the state and central government. With Umang, the government aims to promote e-governance and adopt a new-age governance policy as part of Modi’s Digital India initiative. The app can be downloaded on Android, iOS and Windows phones for free. Umang has been developed by the National e-Governance Division (NeGD) and the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology. This e-governance application can also be used from other channels such as through the web, SMS, or IVR.
- Unified Platform: It brings together all government departments and their services on a single platform to provide better and easier services to citizens.
- Mobile First Strategy: It aligns all government services with the mobile first strategy to leverage mobile adoption trends.
- Integration with Digital India Services: It provides seamless integration with other Digital India Services like Aadhaar, DigiLocker, and PayGov. Any new such service will automatically be integrated with the platform.
- Uniform Experience: It is designed to enable citizens to discover, download, access, and use all government services easily.
- Secure and Scalable: It supports Aadhaar-based and other authentication mechanisms for service access. The sensitive profile data is saved in an encrypted format and no one can view this information.
Created on Sep 24th 2019 06:03. Viewed 307 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.