All You Need to Know about French Cuff Shirtsby Amedeo Exclusive Executive
A French cuff shirt adds to the glam quotient and style statement for men. It definitely showcases a particular class and power of the wearer. Cuff is the only visible part of the shirt. But if you are wearing a jacket or a blazer on it, then the collar is also be seen. French cuffs originated from Britain which is mistaken to be from France because of the name. French cuff shirts must always be worn correctly with perfect fit belts to show off your fashion statement.
Types of Shirt Cuffs
· Button Cuffs
These cuffs have button-holes on one of the sides and buttons on the other side of the shirt. Usually, they come with two buttons but single buttons can also be seen. The buttons are important for making the fit of the shirt more comfortable and at the same time adjustable.
· French Cuffs
They are known as double cuffs. The French cuffs are double the size of the button cuffs in case of length. French cuffs are best for formal occasions that can complement perfect fit belts as well. The cuffs are generally folded back and fixed firmly with either fabric knots or cufflinks.
· Convertible Cuffs
As the name suggests, the convertible cuffs for shirts can be both kept open or can be closed with cufflinks. But they are generally secured with the help of buttons that are attached to the shirt.
· Link Cuffs
The link cuffs have buttonholes on either of the sides of the shirt. So the cuffs always remain open and it cannot be closed either with buttons, cufflinks, or with silk as well as fabric knots.
Occasions to Wear French Cuffs
Some special occasions and functions for which the French cuff shirts are absolutely perfect are:
1. Important meetings
2. Wedding parties
3. Private dinners
5. Client’s meet
6. Formal events
7. On a date
Tips to Wear French Cuffs
· Cufflinks or fabric knots are a must for French cuff shirts.
· Always pair French cuffs with a suit.
· Wear shirts with French cuffs with business suits as well.
· Make sure that quarter to a half inch of the shirt is visible while wearing a jacket.
· Wear a French cuff shirt with sports jacket.
· Put a blazer with French cuffs to look dapper.
· Don’t forget to wear perfect fit belts with a French cuff shirt but without a suit.
· Pair up French cuffs with an open collar dress shirt that is well fitted.
· Make sure to have a variety of cufflinks and fabric knots to wearing with French cuffs to different occasions.
· Always match the belt color with the French cuff shirts to add your height.
The author is passionate about French cuff shirts and he has many in his wardrobe. Here he speaks about the different kinds of cuffs. Also, he gives certain tips to wear French cuffs in a correct manner with perfect fit belts. He also suggests some occasions for wearing French cuffs.
Created on Aug 26th 2019 07:44. Viewed 449 times.