Alcohol wipes are now safe to use on phone screen, tablet & laptop keyboardby DAVIS BROWN PRC Agency
The recent outbreak of COVID-19, or CoronaVirus, has a lot of people on edge, especially about the things we touch.
For most of us, it’s easy enough to avoid handshaking and touching railings and such. But what about the phones and electronics we use all day?
Your phone essentially becomes a “portable petri dish”, covered in everyday germs.
According to a study that was published in The New England Journal of Medicine, COVID-19 remains on surfaces like stainless steel and plastic for up to 72 hours, so the CDC now recommends that you clean and disinfect “frequently touched surfaces” daily, including phones, desks, keyboards, laptops and tablets.
So the question on everyone’s mind: “Is it safe to use alcohol wipes on my phone screen?”
Apple and Samsung answered, that yes, you can. “Using a 70 % isopropyl alcohol wipe, you may gently wipe the exterior surfaces of your phone. Avoid getting moisture in any openings.”
We at Herbane Health listened and got a perfect product for your needs. Check it out at: https://herbanehealth.com/product/alcohol-wipes-safe-on-phone-screen-tablet-laptop-keyboard-surfaces/
Yes, technically, you can use Clorox or Lysol wipes, but usually they are too wet to use on the phone screen, as the moisture can possibly be trapped inside the openings and right now they are most likely not in stock due to hoarding.
Instead of trying to make homemade or DIY Clorox or Lysol wipes, that has a questionable quality, you can use our medical grade 70% isopropyl alcohol wipes that are safe on phone and tablet screen, laptop and computer keyboard and other surfaces.
Here are a few questions you might ask:
1) Are alcohol wipes safe for IPhone? Are alcohol wipes safe for Samsung phones?
- Yes, alcohol wipes are safe to use on Iphones and Samsung phones and screen, according to Apple and Samsung websites.
2) Are alcohol wipes safe for computer screen or laptop screen?
- No, they are not. While alcohol might have been a decent option for screens in the past, most new displays have coatings that will not do well with any alcohol-based or ammonia-based detergents. Alcohol wipes are safe for computer keyboard though.
Apple suggests: “When cleaning the outside of your MacBook, MacBook Pro, or MacBook Air, first shut down your computer and unplug the power adapter. Then use a damp, soft, lint-free cloth to clean the computer's exterior. Avoid getting moisture in any openings. Do not spray liquid directly on the computer. Don't use aerosol sprays, solvents, abrasives, or cleaners containing hydrogen peroxide that might damage the finish. To clean the screen on your MacBook, MacBook Pro, or MacBook Air, first shut down the computer and unplug the power adapter. Dampen a soft, lint-free cloth with water only, then use it to clean the computer's screen.”
3) Are disinfecting wipes like Clorox or Lysol wipes safe for phone screen?
- Yes, Clorox Disinfecting Wipes are safe on phone screens, as Apple website states now. They are hard to find in stores, so you can substitute Clorox Disinfecting Wipes for 70% isopropyl alcohol wipes, like this ones: https://herbanehealth.com/product/alcohol-wipes-safe-on-phone-screen-tablet-laptop-keyboard-surfaces/
4) My phone case is made of leather. Is it safe to use Clorox, Lysol or alcohol wipes on leather?
- No, it is not safe to use Clorox, Lysol or alcohol wipes on leather surfaces, as it may damage them - the alcohol in the wipes can make your leather lose its natural oils and become dry or brittle.
Instead, to clean your phone screen, use a clean cloth with warm water and mild hand soap to gently clean the leather. Wipe the outside and the inside with a soft, lint-free cloth to remove any dirt.
5) How to clean phone with alcohol wipes?
– Turn off your phone.
– Open 1 pack of a disinfecting wipe and gently wipe down the hard surfaces.
– Make sure you don’t get any liquid in the charging port or other areas, such as speaker and microphone.
– Don’t use paper towels or other products that might scratch the screen, just let it air dry.
6) Where to buy 70% isopropyl alcohol wipes?
Created on Apr 20th 2020 10:48. Viewed 279 times.