A Quick View on Bmlt Courseby kapil Mehta # Guest Blogger
Bachelor in Medical Laboratory Technology (BMLT course)is a popular and impoverished wing of the latest healthcare field. As the medical science is progressing day by day, the physician needs the assistance of the medical laboratories to treat various rapidly growing health problems in the requirements of the skilled employees or persons.
Bachelor in Medical Laboratory Technology is designed as a 3-year undergraduate course for the eligible candidates along with an academic learning in both of the routine and experienced laboratory diagnostic methods. They are helpful in:
- Theoretical learning belonged to the principles of laboratory exercise.
- Acquiring the latest advances in the instrument-handling, management of Laboratories knowledge etc.
- Getting the knowledge of the associated practices including laboratory investigations, standard protocols, system, innovation etc.
- Training to become the efficient professional medical technologists who can perform duties including testing, investigating, documenting, reporting, etc.
The aspiring candidates should be qualified in the Senior Secondary Certificate (class XIIth) Examination from the Science stream along with a minimum aggregate score or equivalent CGPA of 50% and 45% for SC/ST candidates.
These graduates may be hired in various capacities including R&D Contractual Lab Assistant, Lab Medicine Technician, Junior Technical Executive, X-Ray Technician, System Analyst, Laboratory Technician, Laboratory Technician etc.
Medical technicians may find employment in various areas such as hospitals, medical pathology laboratories, research laboratories, health care clinics, urologists’ offices, etc. In India, the approximate tuition fee for this course ranges between INR 8,000 and 16,000. Lab Technologists are usually paid higher compared to the Lab Technicians.
The enrolled students are taught to accomplish these tests that support in the diagnosis along with the treatment of various diseases.
Aim of the Course
The students are provided varied knowledge through this course and these are discussed below.
- They will be able to manage the operation theatre
- They will able to handle a large range of operating instruments, such as electronic and latest equipment that is used in the progressive operation theatres.
- They will be expert in the application of medical standards along with technical standards to assess the lab tests.
- They can work in laboratory-related quality control departments.
Through the bmlt course, the candidates will be able to perform in both of the regular and complex lab examinations belong to clinical and non-clinical subjects independently. They will able to translate the outcomes and clarify the associated rules of each examination as well. They help and partake in the research work. They will also perform various administrative tasks, such as supervise the subordinates, prepare stock and reports etc.
Medical technologists are regarded as the part and parcel of the prestigious medical profession. Such professionals are associated with the technical and practical work for performing appropriate diagnosis along with efficient functioning of the biochemical laboratories. The career prospects of this field usually depend on both the educational and technical skills associated with the technologist. The laboratory technologist may work as a lab manager or consultant or supervisor, hospital outreach coordination, health care administrator etc.For the detailed and precise information, you can navigate through various well-reputed websites.
Created on Nov 4th 2017 04:15. Viewed 773 times.