A Detailed Narrative of Assessor-Qualification & Overview of AET/PTLLS Qualificationby Ackerley Cook Airport Transfers
The NVQ assessors are responsible for guiding the learners through their vocational qualifications and support them when completing an assignment or give them feedback for improvement.
In UK, TAQA stands for Training, Assessment and Quality Assurance. It is an umbrella term and the Assessor-Qualifications fall under the category of Assessment section and there are three types of qualifications for the professionals who want to join this sector of profession. The Level-3 assessor-qualifications may be divided in multiple units based upon the requirements of the training program or may be completed in just one unit. For example,
1) The competence level training program is a theory-based learning program. The purpose is to refresh the knowledge of professionals who already work in the field of assessment. It helps you understand the principles as well as the practices of assessment. You can complete the learning in one unit through this theory-based training program.
2) The vocational level assessor qualification enables you to assess the competence of the learners in a work environment. You can even assess the skills of trainees in workshops, classrooms and virtual/online learning platforms after completing this segment of assessor-qualification. This segment is usually divided in multiple units.
3) The certificate level assessor-qualification trains you to assess the knowledge and vocational skills of the learners in a work environment as well as in a classroom. It is the most comprehensive course and is divided in three units in most training centres.
You will learn the following skills after completing the level-3 qualification is assessment.
4) You learn how to plan and deliver the NVQ training workshops or programmes.
5) You learn how to observe the competence of various candidates in classrooms or workplaces.
6) You learn how to examine the portfolios of evidence of the trainees.
7) You can teach the learners to properly deal with the non-standard situations.
8) You learn to give feedback and to give suggestions if the candidates fail to meet the standards.
9) You will also learn how to sign off the NVQ when meeting all requirements.
10 ) You can keep candidates’ progress reports based upon the requirements of NVQ awarding bodies.
11) You learn how to attend the standardisation meetings with other assessors.
12) You also learn how to work closely with the training staff and managers.
After completing the assessor TAQA course, you can help the trainees in achieving their potential. However, this level-3 qualification can also benefit the participants in different ways.
13) You can strengthen the communication skills and learn about time management through this training program alongside learning various other skills with relation to assessment.
14) If you are already working in the field of assessment, then this qualification can help you become an expert. It can help you identify the gaps in your knowledge and let you add another qualification to the curriculum vitae which increases your importance to the employers.
15) The convenience is another benefit of joining this profession. You have the liberty to select the working hours and location (academic assessment or vocational assessment) of work.
The assessor-qualification also gives you the opportunity to evaluate the performance of various individuals. Therefore, you may hardly experience any boredom. However, if you want to join the further education as a certified teacher, then you may also complete the AET/PTLLS course online. This qualification enables you to become a part of the post-16 education whilst giving you the opportunity to join various other professions, such as private tutoring, corporate training etc.
Created on Jan 25th 2020 13:24. Viewed 316 times.