A Detailed Discussion about V blocks and their Usesby Barkha Pahuja SEO/Writer
Several milling and drilling operations use v-blocks as its main purpose of use is to hold round-shaped metallic rods and pipes. These kinds of metalworking tools act accurately for such works. V-blocks are normally made up of cast iron, and these rectangular steel blocks form 90° channel with the surface which can also be rotated at a 45° angle with its sides.
V-blocks form a new channel every time with ‘V’ shape at the top of their positions. Most of the times a few screw clamps are attached with the v-blocks, and this is to secure the holding of workloads. Internal magnets are used to perform magnetic work-holding. People generally buy v-blocks in pairs.
Definition at a glance:
After the above discussion, it can be concluded that v-blocks are a kind of tool structure with true ‘V’ slots and grooves. For the advance machining works, various cylindrical objects are held with the v-blocks in separate working areas. These also help in marking the centers for work.
Various uses of V-Blocks:
• It works together with the surface gauge for marking centrelines required to hold all kinds of cylindrical objects.
• V-blocks can hold a rectangular job piece at its vertical positions and at 45° angle.
• It offers support for holding parallel cylindrical bars.
• These blocks can be used to check the roundness of the cylindrical objects.
How are V-blocks constructed?
• V-blocks are generally constructed with cast iron. All its faces are strictly machined, which means the uniformity and parallelism between any two faces are true values, and so is the angle between them.
• Normally the angle remains between the v-blocks is 90° but 120° angled v-blocks are also used in occasions.
• V-blocks are also available in a groove shape.
• Clamps of U-shape remains attached with the v-blocks which are having clamp screws with them. But, these screws are not needed in magnetic v-blocks.
• The magnetic forces are controlled by a control button attached to the block structure.
• According to the flatness accuracy, two grades of v-blocks are available- grade A & B.
Since v-blocks are made up with cast iron, so a precaution regarding its rusting is needed. A periodic measure is required to attain the basic accuracy.
All the trained and experienced manufacturers of v-blocks are producing high-grade v-blocks every year in this country. They maintain all quality standards during the manufacturing process and having a well-supported warehouse, they are capable of delivering good quality products at pocket-friendly prices.
Created on Jan 11th 2019 02:42. Viewed 232 times.