9 Podcasting Tools to Broadcast and Amplify Content Marketing Reachby Soumya Roy Founder, CEO
If you are thinking to promote your business using podcast then you are already on the right track as many companies across the globe are paying attention to podcasts to attract new customers. According to research, businesses will spend millions of dollars on podcast ads in the coming years.
Luckily, there are lots of awesome tools to take your podcast show to the next level. There are tools to help you edit your audio recordings, share episodes on various social media platforms, and host from your RSS feeds.
Podcasting can help you immensely in content marketing, SEO, and overall internet marketing. We used podcasting to market the digital marketing course that we offer in Kolkata. After several months of consistent podcasting, not only we achieved amazing traffic numbers, but podcasting helped us increase our sales and boost the bottom-line of our business.
Here are 9 podcasting tools that we think are the best and will help you improve your overall podcasting:
Audacity is one of the most popular audio recording and editing software available in the market. It supports a lot of plugins and functionality that makes the voice recording and editing effortless for podcasters.
- Easy to use multi-track audio editor and recorder service.
- Used for creating podcasts, interviews, narrations, scenarios, etc. those include any voice, music or sound.
- Creation of rough demos of songs and any other audio files.
- Any recordings can be exported into audio files like MP3 and WAV.
- It can record live audio, convert any audios into digital recordings.
- It can cut, copy, mix sounds together in AC3, M4A/M4R(AAC), AMR, WMA, and other formats.
- Audacity supports Nyquist, LADSPA, LV2, VST, and Audio Unit.
- It runs on Windows, MacOS, and Linux operating system.
Auphonic is a web-based application that is used for various podcasts, broadcasting, radio shows, screencasts, and movies to improve the quality of the audio production.
Auphonic uses advanced algorithms in editing audio recordings to produce automatic post production system that helps you to save hours of manual work. It processes various audio formats and its easy to use platform offers integration with other external apps.
- Intelligent Leveler
- Loudness Normalization
- Audio Restoration
- Multitrack Algorithms
- Automatic Speech Recognition
- Optimal Encoding, Metadata and Chapter Marks
- Video Workflow and Audiograms
- Automatic Content Deployment
- Auphonic XS (free up to 2 hours)
- Auphonic S - 11$ per month (up to 9 hours)
- Auphonic more - Contact sales team (>100 hours)
Powerpress is a popular multi podcast support plugin for WordPress that suits both beginners and experienced podcasters. It displays more than one mode, players, subscribes tools and fully supports iTunes, Stitcher, TuneIn, Google play, and Blubrry podcasting directories.
- SEO and subscribe tools - It is easy to create a subscribe page with its shortcode embed and sidebar widget that is optimized for a fully responsive website.SEO tools help your visitors to find your podcasts through search engines.
- Podcast importing and migration tools - Migrate your podcasts from other podcasting platforms without losing any episode. Also, you can import your podcasts from SoundCloud, Squarespace, Podbean, Libsyn or other podcast RSS feed.
- Multi podcast support - You can create and separate your podcasts by category or media format.
Podomatic is recording software that helps you record the episodes of your podcast series and upload them. It offers promotional tools that give you the chance to make your podcasting series popular among the audience and receive in-line calls from listeners.
- In partnership with Weebly, Podomatic offers its premium level members to create their own website. It includes responsive web layouts, e-commerce, blogging, podcast exclusive themes, social media integration, an integrated podcast feed, etc.
- With free podcast hosting an app for Android and iOS this application allows you to join the world's largest community of podcasters.
- This tool supports direct display on Facebook and Twitter feeds, embedment of your podcast episodes on your site and other social sharing channels.
- With its 500 MB storage, you can store up to 6 hours of recording for free with 15 GB bandwidth/month.
- Free version
- Pro - 9.99$ per month
- Broadcaster - Contact sales
If you are in podcasting business then you must know about the popular podcasting platform SoundCloud where 12 hours of audio uploaded every minute that connects 175 million unique monthly listeners across 200 countries.
- SoundCloud serves audio to millions of listeners worldwide. After you upload your podcast, it will be live on the web, along with the best podcast apps.
- You will have control over the play activity, at all times. Also, intuitive, detailed stats help you understand and grow your audience.
- you can track your listeners, read their comments on your episodes and respond. A big plus is sharing your episodes in people’s Twitter feeds. In fact, seamless integrations are available with all major social networks.
- Basic - free
- Pro unlimited - 12$ per month
Speakpipe can be one of your podcasting tools to engage your audience and get feedback from them. Your website audience can record voice messages on your site with SpeakPipe podcasting tool. They can also leave their contact information so you can connect with them if you want to follow up on their comments.
- Easy for visitors to send a message
- Reply to messages using your voice
- Get visitors' contact details
- Easy access to all your voice messages
- Increase interaction with your audience
- Bronze - 8$ per month
- Premium - 45$ per month
Spreaker is a very helpful solution for a podcaster starting from scratch. Every part of the podcasting process is covered, as you will get support when recording and broadcasting. It supports multiple devices seamlessly and lets you migrate audio contents using the RSS importer.
- Host, Distribute and Measure - It offers hours of audio storage space and unlimited bandwidth. You can distribute your podcasts on various Social networks, Apple Podcasts, YouTube, etc. Embedding widgets and scheduling episodes are other helpful features.
- Upload, Connect and Interact - You can upload and publish new podcast episodes from any device easily. More tools like mixers and broadcasting software can be connected and Spreaker also provides live interaction, chatting and getting comments on your episode page while you broadcast.
- Desktop, Mobile, And Web-Based Console - Manage your all podcast episodes and drafts for mobile or desktop devices. You can also record and upload the episode whenever you want through Spreaker's web-based console.
- Free version
- On-air talent - 7$ per month
- Station - 120$ per month
BlogTalkRadio is a tool to promote effortless broadcasting. It's a solution that will publish your podcasts, host and update your RSS feed, as well as sync it to the iTunes and other host sites.
- Use BlogTalkRadio to get exposure for your broadcasts from its popular website. Additionally, your show can be shared and embedded via social networks, and the web.
- You can share new content with your audience automatically by linking your social accounts. Once your episode is shared, it will be accessible to all listeners. Post it or embed it so that anyone interested can tune in to your podcast show.
- BlogTalkRadio tracks all your listeners from every distribution channel. It gives you valuable insights to know the demographics of your listeners.
- Free plan
- Premium silver - 39$ per month
- Premium platinum - 249$ per month
Buzzsprout makes your podcast publishing really effortless. From uploading your audio recordings to tracking how your show is growing, Buzzsprout makes all the steps simple to implement.
- Easy to use dashboard
- Upload any optimized audio file
- Get listed in iTunes, Stitcher and other directories
- Optimized for mobile
- Audio players for your website
- Podcast migration tool
- Free plan – 2 hours per month
- 12$ per month plan - 3 hours per month
- 24$ per month plan - 12 hours per month
When it comes to communicating with others about the matters you are interested in, there is no better way than podcasting. Each of the aforesaid podcasting tools will help you make your podcasts stand out and will provide a better experience to your podcast listeners.
Created on Apr 9th 2019 13:56. Viewed 387 times.