8 Relocation Hacks You Should Know Ahead of Your Move!by Ram Sewak Transportation
When we are planning relocations, our sole attempt is to make them as easy and as comfortable as possible. But unfortunately, things do not turn the way we desire, and you do come across problems and last-minute shortfalls because of your unorganized planning. So, to make sure you have a well-designed relocation plan much ahead of the project, along with other crucial aspects that are to be taken care of by you alongside. For instance, a practical moving budget and a checklist of your move should be ready, and there has to have brilliant relocation guidance from the best packers and movers in the industry – Agarwal Packers, who can be chosen for your house shifting assignment to have a wonderful moving journey! So, soon after your final date of the move has been decided, you should book the professional movers team’ without any delay.
This blog post is more like a detailed diary that talks and discusses the things you should be doing unfailingly if you are planning an upcoming relocation. These are some general tips that one can follow easily.
• Choose the right moving day – We often do not realize but our moving date plays an important role in how hassle-free our relocation turns out to be. If your move is scheduled during the weekends, as in most cases it is, then the moving cost usually remains higher. Also, the time around the festivals and occasions, tend to be busiest, and therefore, finding an ideal team of professional movers during that time remains a troublesome task. So, make sure you choose a date that works great for you and your movers as well and you can manage your move comfortably.
• Have an idea of a travel plan – Whether you have hired professionals or moving with the local movers, you should have the best possible route in mind to reach your destination. The timing and schedule of your move, play an important role in your relocation. For instance, summer moves usually take place fine but winter moves are combined with delays and difficulties. Roads are not clear, even the vision is foggy; there are sudden downpours and traffic problems.
• Design your priority list – Once you have decided your moving date, and you have the moving day plan in hand, you should jot down all the tasks that you need to wrap up immediately and the ones, that you would be doing during the latter duration of your move. This master checklist would have all the important activities and the reminders that you would want to be notified of, during the packing and preparation phase of your move. Writing down stuff in a notepad or an online daily planner is a great way to remember things. You can even use your mobile calendar for the job, by designating one day for a particular task.
• Evaluate the things at home – Now you should sit back for a moment and decide from where you should start your moving preparation. Pay attention to your household items to decide which ones you wish to keep and which ones you want to donate. See if you still have the original equipment/appliance cartons or boxes or you have to get fresh moving cartons from local stores? Even if you hire professionals from Agarwal Packers and Movers for the task, you will have to gather the essential packing materials to have an organized move, without any shortfall.
• Prepare and pack things – Start packing your items in portions, little by little. There is no need to jump into things randomly, but focusing on one particular corner or space, say kitchen or bedroom, or simply your basement section or closet of your room would make your packing job a lot easier and quicker. Designate different boxes for different items and use ample cushioning with packing paper, bubble wraps, plastic wraps to ensure they are well protected and finally sealed with high-quality packing tape.
• Label final boxes – When all your household articles have been properly packed and placed into the moving cartons and double-checked for protection, they should cautiously be labeled. You can use printed labels for the purpose, or simply use clean chits for that. Do mention the name of the item, the handling instructions (if it contains fragile items, you should mention – ‘handle with care’ or ‘fragile’), the designated room the package should be moved to, etc. But make sure to stick the labels on the sides of the packages and not the top, else you will not be able to spot the names of items. If this feels like quite a job for you, you can go for numbering or color-coding format to denote the packages of rooms. For example, the red label for the drawing-room, or number 2 label for the bedroom, and so on.
• Keep copies of documents – None of the major projects could be fulfilled if you do not have the required paperwork in place. Make sure you have a few copies of all your important documents including identity proofs, legal papers, house papers, license, passport, visa, insurance, birth certificate, marriage certificate, office documents, social security cards, vehicle registration papers, health insurance papers, medical documents, etc. Also, carry passport photographs of you and your family members. All of these IDs and papers should be carefully placed in a folder or file and kept within your reach.
• Choose insurance policy – Though you would have everything sorted and discussed with the professional movers – Agarwal Movers and Packers ahead of signing them up for a deal, but in case you missed it, here is it for your assistance - you should opt for an insurance cover that would ensure the wellbeing of your goods during the entire transit. This would come at an additional fee and so, you should incorporate the same in your moving cost.
Nobody can get enough assistance and guidance on relocation. There are innumerable relocation hacks, moving day planners, checklists, and more that are there, to help you out with your relocation preparation. If you are also stuck amidst the planning and packing for your forthcoming move, this comprehensive guide of smart tips would come in handy!
Created on Mar 27th 2021 00:55. Viewed 123 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.