7 Ways To Use Mirrors in Decoratingby De Panache Best Interior Designers in Bangalore
Mirrors have been used in decorating for centuries. In fact, the ancient Egyptians had a mirror on their doors so they could see themselves as they walked through. Mirrors can be used to add light and brightness to a space, reflect furniture and art, or even create the illusion of more space by providing an additional surface. Here are 7 ways you can use mirrors in your home:
1. Mirrors can reflect more light into a room during the day and help illuminate a space at night. Hang a mirror on an inside wall and it will reflect the light from outside, keeping your home looking bright, says the best interior decorators in Bangalore.
2.Mirrors make small spaces seem bigger. Hang one over a console table or set several along a wall to create the illusion of width and depth in a room that's smaller than actual. This is also great for long hallways since mirrors make objects appear closer together so they don't look too far apart from each other.
3.Use mirrors with artwork that has intricate details to draw attention up rather than down—and to keep the focus on your pieces by reflecting their colors off the mirror, enforcing their importance in the space. An oval-shaped mirror can do double duty as an accent piece and reflection.
4. Mount a large frameless mirror behind your sofa to reflect the decoration on the wall behind you, creating unity throughout your living space and helping define your seating area.
5. Install a mirror as an unexpected headboard to give your bed a fresh new look. Mount it right above the top of the mattress, leaving about 18 inches between it and the ceiling for light that will reflect off the surface at night (and make you feel like there's more space in the bedroom).
6. Use mirrors to brighten dark corners or rooms that don't get much natural light. You can also use them on walls where you want to reflect more light onto artwork or furniture items. Using an arrangement of multiple small mirrors can create this effect without making the area look too bright with reflected light.
7. A mirror with a specially textured or etched surface can give your space an unexpected tactile element. You can find one at almost any home-goods store and place it on a wall for instant texture or use it over your sofa to create the illusion of depth and height to the space.
A mirror can be there as a decoration in the house or it can also help you to see yourself when something changes in your face, body, and mind. Please share this article with others if you liked it. For more info, please consult interior decorators in Bangalore.
Created on Aug 7th 2021 02:05. Viewed 40 times.