7 Hidden Gems for Yoga Training in Indiaby Travmic Tours Tours & Travel Company With thousands of years of roots in health and medicine field, India has served a pivotal role in being world’s one of the important regions for contributing in ancient medicinal and health science. Yoga is a world renowned healthcare practice which was actually originated in ancient India many centuries ago. It is a combination of physical, mental and spiritual practice which aims to help us experience long-lasting health and happiness as well as supports us to attain our highest potential.
Not only East but West has shown great interest in the study of Yoga and various related healthcare practice in the recent years. Yoga is quite popular among people of different age groups and many are certainly interested in learning this ancient practice in traditional setting. Travmic has arranged Yoga & spiritual based travel and tour packages across India for our clients coming from different parts of the world. With our customized Yoga travel packages we ensure you get everything that you are hoping your trip to be like.
If travelling is your passion but not sure where to start planning for one then don’t fret because Travmic team has 22 + years industry knowledge and experience in arranging luxury as well as economic value based All India Tour Packages. We can create a unique tour combination of yoga & cultural aspect of India tailored as per your requirements. All you have to do is reach out to us by dropping an email or call or message through whatsapp or sms.
In India we have various yoga centers where you can learn this age old technique of mind, body and soul therapy. However, the style of teaching and approach to training can vary from center to center and thus today we would be discussing about some of the finest yoga centers of India that you can join for your training. Below is the list of authentic and traditional yoga schools present in India and the various services they offer.
1. Parmarth Niketan, Rishikesh: It is a well known ashram situated in the city of Rishikesh which is located in the foothills of Himalaya and has the pious Ganges river flowing by. Considered as one of the spiritual abodes for people interested in studying yoga.
The ashram is built on a total of 8 acre of land with more than 1000 rooms equipped to support extensive yoga training programs. You can join programs such as yoga for beginners, Vedic heritage, and spirituality.
Every year the ashram organizes a week-long International Yoga Festival and it is held in the month of March, so if you’re coming to India for a vacation, we can help you to plan a unique Yoga trip to Rishikesh.
Address: P.O. Swargashram, Rishikesh, Uttarakhand
Program/Training Duration: From 2 weeks to 1 month period.
2. Krishnamacharya Yoga Madiram, Chennai: This famous Yoga center was founded on the name of the “Grandfather” of modern yoga, T. Krishnamacharya.
Here you can join the Heart of Yoga program which is quite popular among yoga enthusiasts. This 120 hour long program is a 4 week training which will include the major asanas, pranayama, meditation, philosophy, and chanting. For the basic vedic chanting and pranayama training along with 500 hour International teacher training program you can visit this Yoga center.
Address: New No. 31 (Old #13) Fourth Cross Street, R K Nagar, Chennai.
Program/Training Duration: 2 to 4 weeks period.
3. Ramamani Iyenger Memorial Yoga Institute, Pune: For many years, this Yoga institute has been one of the top choices for Yoga training in Pune for international students coming for some extensive Yoga training programs. Regular classes in Iyengar Yoga for all level students are provided here. You can also join the special classes which are for children, females and people with medical conditions.
However, one of the challenges could be getting into the course as due to the high-demand they generally have a 2 year wait before you can start your training at the institute. Since you will get a holistic and quite extensive training in yoga it is essential for students to have prior knowledge and experience in performing/practicing Iyengar yoga.
Address: 1107 B/1, Hare Krishna Mandir Road, Model Colony, Shivaji Nagar, Pune.
Program/Training Duration: One month and accommodation is not provided. Students can attend at most 6 classes every week.
4. Ashtanga Institute, Mysore: This age old and renowned Yoga academy is administered and orchestrated by the followers and disciples of respected guru Sri Krishna Pattabhi Jois. In fact, he was among the initial teachers of the academy who taught yoga to students. Sri Krishna Pattabhi Jois started teaching yoga from 1930s and served till the end of his years and that would be till the year 2009.
The institute excels in offering intensive ashtang yoga classes all round the year. The institute is mainly for students who are serious learners and aim to get the sought after training in yoga. It would be imperative to apply 2 months in advance. Even though the institute doesn’t offer accommodation facility, you can easily hunt for one in close proximity.
Address: 235 8th Cross, 3rd Stage, Gokulam, Mysore
Program/Training Duration: Minimum of 4 weeks and maximum of 6 months.
5. Bihar School of Yoga, Munger: This yoga ashram from Bihar was established in the year 1964 by Swami Satyananda Saraswati. He was the disciple/student of greatest yoga master of 20th century, known as Swami Sivananda Saraswati. If you are interested in learning full yogic lifestyle then this is the place. The focus is more on meditation and service here. So, for all the yoga learners who want to join yoga training program here can check out the Bihar Yoga Bharati institute.
Address: Bihar Yoga Bharati, Ganga Darshan, Fort Munger, Bihar
Program/Training Duration: Every year from October till January you can join the four month residential course in Yogic Studies here.
6. Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centers and Ashrams, Kerala & Tamil Nadu: This ashram was founded by yet another disciple of Swami Sivananda Saraswati in the year 1959. The yoga training focuses on the key aspects of postures, breathing, meditation, relaxation and diet. From drop-in classes to complete courses in meditation and yoga are quite sought after here. You also get teacher training, yoga vacations and accommodation at the ashrams.
Address: Neyyar Dam, District Trivandrum, Kerala. In Tamil Nadu we have the Sivananda Ashram in Madurai.
Program/Training Duration: You get 2 to 4 weeks of training programs here.
7. Yoga Institute, Mumbai: Travel to Mumbai if you want to visit the world’s oldest yoga center, the Yoga Institute. This academy was established in the year 1918 by Shri Yogendraji. It is an amazing place to get your professional therapeutic and yoga courses, workshops and training. Health camps are organized to target health
ailments related to heart, hypertention, respiratory conditions, orthopedic problems, and diabetes and stress conditions.
Address: Shri Yogendra Marg, Prabhat Colony, Santacruz East, Mumbai.
Program/Training Duration: Anywhere from 2 to 21 days program. Regular yoga classes are conducted for students here.
Wishing is not enough when it comes to living your dreams and if learning traditional Yoga is your recent bucket-list then we could show you some best locations to fulfill your passion. We can also recommend some tried & tested authentic Yoga / Ayurveda resorts with 5 star facilities and in-house yoga gurus + Ayurveda doctors for our luxury clients. Get your extensive India trip at the best value for time & money. Connect with us today!!
READ MORE : https://goo.gl/AE9Pas
Created on Mar 26th 2019 05:55. Viewed 889 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.