6 Must-Have Skills for Every Aspired Language Translatorby The Yellow Coin PR Agency in Delhi
The worldwide industry of language translation services is growing at a rate of 5.52% as reported by Globalization and Localization Association (GALA). And, it is also predicted to grow up to $45 Billion by the year 2020. India is all set to contribute significantly in this rapid growth with the mushrooming of translation agencies in Delhi, Chandigarh, Pune, Hyderabad, and Bangalore and other metropolitan cities. The growing use of language translation services in the mainstream fields such as education and business has started enticing the young professionals.
For all those who aspire to become professional language translators, there are a few skills that need to be inculcated to grab the hefty compensation packages in some of the best translation agencies in Delhi. What are those? Let’s explore:
1. A translator should be expert in both the target and source language when it comes to grammar, vocabulary and other technicalities of the languages.
2. A translator should keep a hawk’s eye on the evolving language and viable use of different terms and phrases in the languages. New words never cease to be added to the dictionaries and glossaries, so he should also be acknowledged with those.
3. A translator must be cognizant of the culture, community, and traditions where the target language is spoken to rightly translate the gist of the content. Any translation company in Delhi or abroad only hires the translators who somewhere are in touch with the target language’s culture and community.
4. A translator should be perfectly skilled at his language. Whether he is a bilingual or multi-lingual, only the native translators who translate the other language in their mother-tongue is trusted.
5. A translator is always a good reader and an experienced writer who knows how to read, comprehend, analyze and write a meaningful piece of content. Just knowing or speaking the language is not an earmark of a good translator.6. No matter how rich is the vocabulary of the translator; he should always keep the translated content plain and impactful. It should be plain as to be easily read and understood by the people of various literacy levels and impactful as to leave a long-lasting impression on the readers.
Created on Jun 30th 2018 05:59. Viewed 132 times.