6 Best Microsoft Store Tips to Try on Your Windows 10 Computerby Lucia Mandela software
Exploring apps became easy with the Microsoft Store in Windows 10. The user-friendly interface is simple and effective, which will make your work easy and fast. If you want to make the most out of the Microsoft Store, try the tips given below.
HOW TO CHANGE THE LOCATION OF YOUR DOWNLOADS
When you install any app from Microsoft Store, it automatically gets saved in your drive C where the Windows operating system is also installed. However, sometimes we need to change the location of our downloaded files due to lack of space or for some security reasons.
- Go to Settings and select System. You can use the shortcut, press Windows Key+I.
- In the left sidebar, click the Storage option, then go to “Change where new content is saved.”
- It will take you to the page from where you can change the default location of new apps you download or install.
It will not change the location of the apps that are already installed. If you want, you can change their location as well from the same page that took you to change the location of new downloads.
HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL APPS AND GAME
The Microsoft Store makes the process more manageable when you download from the web. You only have to install it in the EXE file.
- Search your favorite app from the search option and click on the Get button mentioned in the right.
- If the app is already installed, you will see the “Launch” option, instead of “Get” option. By clicking the Launch option, it will open the installed app.
- Paid apps and games will show their price in local currency. You can buy or add it to your wishlist, or cart to purchase it later. You can give it to your loved ones as well.
HOW TO OPEN INSTALLED APPS?
To open the installed app in windows 10 is quite easy.
- It gives an option to search installed apps in the start menu.
- You can pin the app to the taskbar or the start menu. Pinning it will make your work easy.
HOW TO UNINSTALL OR REINSTALL APPS AND GAMES?
- Go to the setting option (Windows key+I) and click on Apps their.
- You can search or uninstall the app from here.
- To view the detailed option of the app, you can click on the advanced option on the searched app. You will find options like terminate, which will close your app, reset, and bring the original settings back.
- To change the directory of the installed application, click on Move option.
You should always reset an application before uninstalling or reinstalling it. This way it will delete all the cache and other files.
HOW TO ADD FRIENDS?
Microsoft Store will not let you add friends directly. To add friend’s-
- Go to Xbox.com
- Tile your favourite game or friend to your Home screen.
You can see your friend’s game score, update recent game clips and many more options by tilling your friend. Xbox has set its limit to 1000 people to add as your friend.
WINDOWS STORE TO EXE
When the app is downloaded from the web, it comes with an EXE or executable file. You have to double click on it to go to the installation process.
- Go to the Task Manager or press Ctrl+Shift+Esc keys; it will take you to the Task Manager page.
- On the details tab, right-click app.exe file name, to open the file location. The executable file can be seen in a new folder.
Created on Jun 5th 2020 04:59. Viewed 255 times.