5 valuable tips for the use of an international SIM cardby TM Maria Be a king in your own kingdom
We have put together our 5 best tips for using an international SIM when traveling outside of your home country. If you have any question just visit international phone plans.
1. Make sure your phone is unlocked
If you choose to buy a prepaid SIM when traveling abroad, be it a local or international SIM, make sure your GSM phone is unlocked.
If you do not know if your phone is unlocked, you can:
· Ask your operator, or
· Try to place another sim on your phone and see if it recognizes the other operator network, or
· Use one of the sites on the web to check the imei of your phone - a unique number that identifies your phone. Simply dial * # 06 # on the phone and the imei will be displayed on the screen.
2. Verify the APN configuration
It may be necessary to configure the operator's APN so that your phone's data network works. If you cannot access the data after inserting the SIM card, follow the APN configuration instructions that came with your SIM, or check the frequently asked questions for the SIM operator you purchased.
· You can use one of the web sites to check how to set up the phone. You just have to select the manufacturer and the phone model, and then the operator you are going to use.
3. Know how much data you use
We suggest that you install an application to keep track of your data usage and identify which applications consume data. There are several options available, for example my data manager, which has an easy-to-use interface and supports multiple languages.
· The application performs the monitoring of all the processes in the phone that are making use of the Internet connection, and can help to identify if the acquired data plan will meet your needs based on your normal data consumption.
· The application also gives you the option to customize notifications, view the consumption of historical data and evaluate which applications consume more data.
4. Do not update your WhatsApp
It is not necessary to register your new phone number to use WhatsApp.
· Wait until you reach your destination.
· When you open WhatsApp the application will identify a new network and a new number, and ask if you want to update the phone number.
· We recommend that you choose not to update, so all your existing conversations and groups will be maintained.
5. Use of dual-SIM phones
If your phone is a dual-SIM model and you have difficulty accessing the Internet or receiving calls, you may need to remove the SIM from your country of origin and leave only the international SIM that you purchased in slot 1.
Created on Jul 31st 2018 06:57. Viewed 370 times.