5 Tips to Dry Your Carpet After Water Logging and Restore It to Its Former Gloryby Dillon Patterson Article Publisher
Flooding can cause severe damage to your property. Furniture, upholstery, carpets, etc. Water damage carpet cleaning is only the first step. To gauge the extent of the disaster, you must have a detailed information at your disposal.
Flooding at your home is never an easy-going situation to be taken care of and especially when it is water damage, the first thing that will strike your mind is carpet damage which is to follow. Thus, instant care is to be taken to mitigate the water damage carpet cleaning, either from your end or professional cleaners. If your prized possession isn't dry within 24-48 hours, the moisture remnant will cause mould infestation.
Feels like a living nightmare, doesn't it? Wait till you find out a slew of health-related problems like asthma (and, other respiratory diseases) storming your household. Hence, it is extremely essential to deal with the damaged areas as fast as possible.
Tips to follow- Fortunately, you are in the right place. Here is a list of few necessary things that will minimize the damage caused by flooding and mould growth too -
· Shift all the furniture to a different part of room (dry) to avoid further absorption damage.
· Figure out the source of water for determining if that contains sewage. If it does not, you are in luck! Remove every bit of standing water right to its last molecule and vacuum clean the carpets. If you find this too hard for you, contact the professional water damage carpet cleaning service.
· It is advised to go for certified cleaners as they possess the necessary equipment and have the expertise & experience to perform the task in the right manner. Without any prior knowledge, you might be doing more harm than good!
· Before the cleaners arrive, it's your time to get your hands wet. Remove as much standing water as possible with rags and turn on the fans/dehumidifiers for maximum drying effect.
· The last step would require you to sanitize all the exposed surfaces after the cleaners leave. You can never be too sure, these days!
Your decision for replacing flooded carpets greatly depends on the magnitude of the damage and if the future of those prized possessions is under great distress. Then, bad news for you - after the water damage carpet cleaning spree ends, it is time to go for carpet shopping. There are also other aspects that you need to consider - like the subfloor structures, furniture and upholstery.
Things you must not miss
For instance, if you have wooden floors, then possibly it has also taken a severe hit. On the other hand, if you have marble flooring, then it might get real slippery - so run the dehumidifiers continuously for a day or two to completely suck up the moisture. Then, at some areas there might also be patches of mildew or mould growth already thriving - keep a close eye on that! Another aspect you must look into is the extent of leakage. If it is the gutters that has overflowed, check if it has been clogged. Use leaf-guards instead! Now, if the case is for a faulty rood - contact the roofing contractors ASAP.
So, what is the endgame?
Waterlogging can have devastating effect on home owners and tenants alike. It can not only potentially damage a hell lot of your belongings but also, displace you from one house to the other; thereby causing severe blow to your existing lifestyle. Water damage carpet cleaning is only the start. A great many tasks also needs to be done like checking the electricity lines, gas pipeline, garage mats, rugs in your attic and many more. So, take these tips very seriously before your life turns upside down.Diamond Shine Carpet Cleaning Ellicott City MDis a customer-centric service provider. We have 24/7 customer care support to help you out with your requirements. You can call us and schedule a booking. Now we are available even on Sundays and holidays.
Created on Aug 13th 2020 02:47. Viewed 122 times.