5 Great Tips and Tricks For Preventing and Removing Stainsby Albert Dcoza I am professionally blogger and writer in cleaning
Every home is susceptible to have the occasional coffee spill on the carpets and the upholsteries which is inevitable. But it's all about how you deal with the stain afterwards that matters. Below is our expert-approved method, from Zenith Cleaning Services which are some carpet cleaning tips associated with various types of stains to help you out in carpet stain treatment.
General Process for Carpet Stain Removal
1. Take two empty spray bottles, and fill one with cold water. In the other, mix the dishwashing liquid, and warm water.
2. Spray the detergent solution onto an absorbent cloth (not the carpet — you don't want to wet it too much), and dab (don't rub!) it on the spot. As the stain dissolves, blot with a clean section of cloth. Keep applying and blotting this way until the stain is gone.
3. Spray another cloth with the cold water, and use it to rinse the detergent solution from the carpet, then blot again with a dry cloth.
4. Keep a stack of papers or towels on the spot and place any heavy pot or utensil on the top. Overnight the papers or the towels would soak the stain from the carpet and let it air dry.
5. If the stain remains, try a more targeted approach like using household chemicals available in the market based on the stain you're dealing with.
Most of the techniques and procedures for carpet stain removal use household chemicals, cleaners and supplies. There are a vast amount of carpet cleaning solutions that have been specially formulated for specific types of carpet stains. If above methods seem to fall short of your expectations, be sure to check out a local retail store that carries stain removing products to help conquer any carpet stains.
There are some instances when carpet stain removal home remedies are just not enough to get the carpeting stain-free. This is when a reputable, professional carpet cleaning Services can be called upon to remove ground-in dirt, stains and odours and return it to its former youth. The professionals are experts at removing carpet stains caused by any substance or entity.
Some of the preventive measures to be taken to reduce the amount of dust and pollen in your home and also to avoid carpet stains are as follows:
1. Vacuum often :
Carpets need to be vacuumed wall-to-wall at least twice a week to avoid pollen and dust to come inside and stick on the carpets.
2. Immediately treat spills:
The longer stains are left untreated, the more difficult they are to get out. Over time, stains can become permanent, so it’s essential to treat them quickly.
3. Put mats at all exterior doors
Keeping mats inside and out at each exterior door will reduce the amount of mud into the house. They also provide visitors who don’t take shoes off with a place to wipe their feet.
4. Make a “no shoes” rule
Shoes track in dirt, germs, toxins and harmful bacteria which would proceed to grind into our carpets. Becoming a “no shoes house” protects our family from these things and reduces the wear and tear on your carpet fibres too
5. Party in the backyard: always try to avoid doing parties and hangouts in the living room rather than arrange it in the backyard for your guests. Even if spills happen it would be on the floor and your carpet and the other upholstery would be clean.
Thus follow the above prevention and cleaning tactics and make your carpet and upholstery stain free.
Created on Dec 29th 2018 10:56. Viewed 329 times.