5 Effective Ways To Prevent And Fix Blocked Drainsby Dave A. OZ Professional Writer
If you have a static plumbing system, there’s no doubt that you’ve experienced the pain and annoyance of blocked drains Adelaide.
Whether it’s a slow-moving sink or shower that takes forever to drain or an overflowing toilet that keeps making loud noises, clogs can be a hassle to deal with. That said, there are some things you can do to prevent — and fix — these issues before they happen. Here are five ways to keep your drains flowing smoothly:
Avoid clogs with chemicals
If you have a clog that cannot be removed by plunging or snaking, you may want to try a chemical drain cleaner. These products come in many forms and can be used on different types of drains.
The key is to know what type of drain you have since not all chemicals are the same! Some chemicals are not safe for all pipes (for example, some won't work on PVC pipes). Furthermore, if your clog is caused by grease buildup near the bottom of your kitchen sink's trap (the curved pipe under the sink), using an acidic vinegar-based solution might cause more harm than good because it could corrode metal parts within your plumbing system.
Avoid clogs with physical items
If your drain is stopped, using a plunger may be your best bet. Be sure to get a rubber suction cup or one with holes in the bottom. This will help create the suction you need to clear the drain. If there are any obstructions in the pipe that are causing this blockage, push them down as far as possible with your plunger before removing it from the drain and pulling it out.
If plunging doesn't work, try using a wire hanger or other long piece of metal (like a coat hanger) to see if you can dislodge whatever's blocking your pipes. Try pushing it down into one end of your tube and then pulling it back through; repeat this process until all of whatever was blocking has been removed.
Use professional drain cleaning services
Professional drain cleaning services are an excellent option for people who want to avoid the cost of calling a plumber.
Drain cleaners typically charge by the foot of your drain—so if your drain is more than 50 feet long, expect to pay more money. The average cost per foot is around $1-$10 depending on where you live and how much work needs to be done.
Keep pipes clear with regular cleaning
To prevent blockages from happening in the first place, you need to clean your pipes regularly. You can do this by:
- Using a drain cleaner (like one of these) once or twice a year to unblock drains and keep them clear. If you don’t want to buy a drain cleaner, there are plenty of homemade recipes online that work just as well.
- Using an auger or plumber's snake (like this one) every year or so to clear pipes that are clogged by roots or other debris. You'll want to use an auger if you're dealing with hair, though—it won't damage pipes like snaking might!
- Plunging your sink occasionally if it's blocked up with food scraps or other gunk—is one of the easiest ways for homeowners without plumbing experience; simply fill up your toilet bowl with water and pour it down the sink until all that crap has been removed!
- This method works best for small garbage disposals because large ones can actually generate pressure against plungers and cause injury if used incorrectly."
Prevent drainage problems by repairing leaks and breaks
- Inspect your plumbing to find leaks and breaks. Blockages can be caused by cracks and holes in pipes, which you may not be able to see. To prevent them, make sure that all of your plumbing is regularly inspected.
- Fix leaks and breaks as soon as they are discovered. If you have a crack or hole in your pipe, it's best to repair it before more damage is done to the surrounding area and before any other problems arise from this issue like flooding or burst pipes!
We hope that you’ve learned a lot of valuable information about how to prevent and fix blocked drains Adelaide. With the right tools, you can keep your home free from clogged and overflowing pipes.
Created on Sep 15th 2022 00:57. Viewed 62 times.