3 Wheel Mobility Scooter: Best Fit for Travelling Indoorsby Affordable Medical USA Experience new solutions to everyday struggles
If you are suffering from mobility issues or due to health issues you are confined to bed, it is easy to understand your pain and agony. Like young days, you cannot move anywhere at any point of time. You need to depend upon others even if you want to go outside or at a nearby supermarket. Many seniors and sick people were leading such a dependent and secluded life till the time they bought a 3 wheel mobility scooter. It is a travel scooter designed for sick and limited mobility people for travelling outdoors safely and comfortably.
As the name implies, these scooters have three wheels- one at front and two wheels in the back. Some scooters even have a small stabilizing wheel under the footrest to offer support and balance during rides. They have a padded seat and armrests, ultra-bright LED headlights and taillights, control panel and pneumatic tires. As these scooters are battery-operated, therefore ensure to keep them fully charged before planning any outdoor trip. Besides 3-wheel mobility scooter, you will also find 4-wheel mobility scooters in the market. It is true that 4-wheel scooters offer more durable and safe ride outdoors but 3-wheel scooter has unique peculiarities that make it a perfect fit in the following cases:
- Tight Turning Radius: This one is the most compelling factor which makes a 3-wheel travel scooter a better choice over 4-wheeler. The turning radius decides the space a scooter requires while turning. In the case of 3-wheel scooter, it takes half the space to turn around as compared to a 4-wheeler. So, invest your time and money in choosing the right model for 3-wheel mobility scooter if you want to use it indoors. With a tight turning radius, you can easily turn your scooter even in narrow ways and enjoy your ride.
- More Leg Room Space: Any person with long legs or good height should consider purchasing a 3-wheel scooter. The reason is it provides extra leg room space for stretching legs comfortably. Due to the presence of only one front wheel, the scooter gives an extra space to people to stretch their legs, a feature which is hard to find in any 4-wheeler model. So, people with long legs or suffering from knee and leg injuries find 3-wheeler models more comfortable than their counterparts.
- Average Weight: Mostly, 3-wheel mobility scooters have average weight holding capacity i.e. 300-350 lbs. On the other hand, a 4-wheeler scooter is an ideal option for people with heavy weight or fall into a bariatric category. So, if your weight is less than 350 lbs, you can consider buying any model of 3-wheel travel scooter with the weight holding capacity of 350 lbs.
- Easy to Store: As compared to 4-wheel configuration, a 3-wheel scooter is less bulky due to which it is easy to store. One can even plan to store 3-wheel mobility scooter in small spaces as well. But when it comes to storage of a 4-wheel scooter, you need additional space due to their large sizes.
- Cheaper: It goes without saying that a three-wheel scooter is cheaper than four-wheeler scooter. Even if you are planning to take the scooter on rentals, you need to shell lesser rental money for a 3-wheel configuration.
So, hopefully this guide will clear your confusion and give you a clear idea whether you want to purchase a 3-wheel mobility scooter or 4-wheel scooter. If you cannot afford to purchase them, you can plan to take them on affordable rental rates from reputed companies. Many companies offer mobility scooters of various brands like Golden Technologies and Pride Mobility both on sale and rent. So, consider you requirements before making a final decision.
Created on Sep 16th 2021 06:37. Viewed 80 times.