3 Steps to Know Which Orthodontic Treatment Is Right for Youby Neville Jones Dental Services
There are many reasons to know what the modern orthodontics offer for the patients. It helps you in understanding the different available options that can help you get rid of an embarrassing smile. Your Somerset family dentistry might have suggested you several times to consider orthodontic treatments and there is practically no reason to procrastinate. You can find several qualified orthodontists on the web that are providing affordable and effective solutions for restoring your protruding teeth.
But, how would you know which treatment is right for you? These three steps given in this article will help you in knowing the right treatment as well as having a pleasant dental experience.
Know the Different Orthodontic Options
Somerset Orthodontics is a specialized field of dentistry that focuses on correcting malpositioned teeth and jaws in your mouth. Problems like crooked and misaligned teeth are mostly addressed using advance orthodontic appliances that are either removable or fixed.
- Traditional metal braces: Metal braces are mostly made of stainless steel. They are a really effective solution to restore severe overcrowding and spacing between teeth. If compared to the latest plastic braces, metal braces are inexpensive options. But, there are certain restrictions come up when you opt for metal braces such as you can’t eat food that your dentist advised avoiding.
- Special appliances: Special fixed appliances are used to address problems like thumb sucking, tongue thrusting, and early teeth loss.
- Aligners: Well, aligners can be both fixed and removable. But removable aligners or braces such as Invisalign is far more discreet options than metal brackets. Invisalign braces are made of flexible plastic and appear invisible to others while you smile. Additionally, you don’t have to stop yourself from eating your favorite food as they allow you to eat, speak, or brush comfortably. Other fixed aligners are lingual and ceramic braces that are attached to restore overbite and misaligned teeth.
- Space maintainers: Space maintainers can also be removable and fixed. Some of them are used to front tooth and others are used for maintaining space between posterior teeth.
- Jaw repositioning appliances
- Lips or cheek bumpers: These appliances are specially designed to keep the lips or cheeks away from the anterior and posterior teeth respectively to prevent applying pressure from the soft tissues.
- Palatal expander
Choose the right treatment
Choosing the right type of treatment is necessary. But this is not a casual choice and you have to consider a lot of things before choosing treatment over another. Depending on the type of dental care Somerset you have been patronizing and your current dental health, your family dentistry may give you some suggestions. Orthodontics offers multiple solutions for a single dental issue depending on individual needs. The information given in this article can help you in understanding these options to an extent and give you an idea about the range of treatments available. Each treatment has its own pros and cons that only a licensed and experienced an orthodontist can discuss with you.
Contact reputed orthodontist
Prefer choosing a reputed orthodontist who has retained an extensive and proven track record. Check out for his services and technologies he uses to ensure you get the most optimum solution. If you’re anxious regarding your treatment and feeling unsure about what will happen in the clinic, it’s better to relieve all your nervousness by consulting a couple of dentists and express them whatever dragging you back to that disfiguring smile.
To keep a healthy and whiter smile, you’re recommended to take good dental care.
Created on Sep 25th 2019 01:05. Viewed 207 times.