28 Smart moving tips to relocate officeby Ram Sewak Transportation
Office relocation is as challenging as the household shifting of goods. At home, you have major and heavy furniture items while in the office you have bigger machinery to be packed and moved. Both the movements have their own moving hassles. Though the hassles could be easily managed with a well-framed plan and a professional mover like Agarwal packers by your side but you always need a guide, which you can simply follow without thinking anymore.
What is more problematic while moving an office is that you have to make sure minimum downtime in delivering your goods and services? And in order to ensure minimum downtime during an office move, you have to start planning your move well in advance.
And the other big concern while moving an office is that you have to take care of the entire team along with departments. You will have numerous people working in your office, and ensuring that each and every work desk is packed properly, you must involve your team in packing their desks at least.
Worthy office moving tips to check
If you have to move office stuff, and you are thinking about how to move your office safely and effortlessly, then here’s the best compilation of few moving tips that will help you to relocate safely.
1. At first, office shifting needs detailed planning, and therefore, no matter what, or where you should start planning for the office to move steadily and ahead of the pre-planned relocation date and day. And using an office relocation checklist can really help you plan your upcoming office shifting much efficiently.
2. However, normally the business relocation should be planned 3 months before the actual moving date. But if it is a very large commercial relocation, then it is even better to start planning at least six months before actually moving.
3. Now that you have a relocation plan framed, just make sure to figure out a moving budget too. If needed, cut off all the extra expenses that you have been doing.
4. In order to have a fair idea of how much money you require to execute your office move, it is advisable that you do a research on the office moving, and learn about the standard rates and all the possible expenses that you will have to go through.
5. Now while office relocation is in process, you should search and find a new workplace where you will be moving.
6. While you are searching for new office space, make sure everything is suitably arranged such as the size of the office, electricity, internet, location, etc.
7. Indulging and taking your team into confidence can be seriously essential when you are shifting an office. Thus, arrange a meeting and share the office relocation plan with your team as well.
8. The IT department must be informed before so that they can start planning part and transfer all the technical things like server, equipment, phone connections, internet, etc.
9. Keep a check on the state laws also. You must be aware whether the work you are trying t establish at a new place is feasible or not.
10. Now, that your office move is going well, it is the time to hire good movers and packers, who are experts in office relocation.
11. Make sure you do a proper examination of the moving companies before actually hiring them.
12. The company should be registered as well insured and you can certify the relevant documents.
13. It is recommended that you shortlist at least 3 professional moving companies, take office moving estimated quotations from each of them, and compare.
14. Do not finalize any deal without meeting the company’s manager and other staff members in person. It is always better to ask them for a survey and get a full relocation plan along with the quotations to compare and choose from the given set of companies.
15. Moving during the offseason will not only help you hire the experienced moving professionals easily but will also help you in reducing the overall moving costs due to the less demand for the movers at that time.
16. Get your new office address changed at all the relevant areas like business visiting cards, email address signature, etc as per your needs.
17. Do not forget to update the digital address on your social media pages, website, email address signature, etc.
18. Update all your clients, vendors, and stakeholders about the change, so that they can make the required arrangements.
19. Sort the items and decide what to move to ensure the head of each department take an inventory and decide what needs to be relocated and what not.
20. Make sure the waste articles are not added to the final article list.
21. Also, you can ask your team members to make a list of their own stuff, especially items related to their own work stations.
22. Allot tasks to each of the employees and ask them to care of their own desks, they should pack a box and label it with their initials along with their department details.
23. It is better to relocate the less essential items first; it means items that do not affect the normal working operation.
24. Most of the office movers do not move the plants, so confirm about this from your movers in advance.
25. It is essential that you give your employees few days off from work on the day before your final move so that they can pack their own goods that are not have been packed yet, and also take all the personal stuff with them.
26. On moving day, it will be beneficial if someone is available to look after the entire relocation affair so don’t forget to appoint someone from your office to look after the things properly.
27. Make sure that all the data is installed and tested before your IT team arrives for setting up the network at your new office.
28. When setting up your new office, seek help from each of the departments to ensure things get operational faster.
Successful office relocation needs involvement from everyone including your employees and, a perfect moving partner, Agarwal packers, and movers by your side.
Created on Nov 25th 2020 00:53. Viewed 166 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.