2 Most Things To Know Before Working With A Textile Designerby Vivek Choudhary Nice life
Textile design also referred to as surface design is a distinctive niche amidst the vast domain of graphic design and encompasses every aspect of print as well as pattern starting from fabrics for garments to home décor, furnishings and more. In essence, a textile designer, who has graduated from the best textile designing college in Delhi, is an artist that helps create artwork to be traded or applied on a wide-ranging selection of services.
· Every so often, prints are considered an integral part of a couture collection and on several occasions help depict a brand or a collection.
· This makes the aspect of prints an important layer in the overall manufacturing process.
· Apart from creating artwork, textile designers from a reputed textile designing college in Delhi are generally trained to imbibe a particular skill set of technical acumen aimed at preparing files to be reproduced on fabrics and many other surfaces.
· Read on to gain an understanding of two key things you need to know before you embark on a project with a textile designer.
How can one find a textile designer?
· Nowadays, there’s no dearth of talent as far as textile or surface design is concerned.
· Textile designers can work in solo mode or in groups formed by different studios.
· Every year, a number of major trade shows are conducted that lay open their doors to pundits from fashion or textile industries where artists get an opportunity of showcasing their creativity and originality on their own or by collaborating with large corporate studios.
· The majority of topnotch studios have their in-house online library which you can access to ferret around for a textile designer with decent credentials.
· Numerous individually operating textile artists who have undertaken the best textile designing courses in Delhi and qualified can be traced through many leading portfolio or freelance sites or via social media outreach.
· Time and again, individual artists are known to flaunt unique styles, types, techniques, or genres of textile design.
· Even you’ll come across many textile designers offering specialized technical skills to correctly lay an existing artwork over a technical file for the purpose of printing.
How is the cost of a textile artwork decided?
· Given that you’re inclined to incorporate artwork or prints into your line, it’s imperative that you plan your budget accordingly.
· By and large, the textile industry functions in two distinct ways namely:
o The purchase of artwork done ‘outright’ for ‘exclusive’ use
o The copyright licensing or ownership of a design
· Regardless of the manner in which a client seeks to purchase an artwork, it’s important to know that the artwork isn’t shown publicly or shown to prospective clients only as it’s purely original.
· After the purchase when the ownership of the artwork is fully transferred to the client, he or she can make use of it in a relevant manner suiting individual needs.
· According to a certified expert from a textile designing institute Delhi, this type of artwork is more expensive as the exclusivity and copyright are sold simultaneously.
· Typically, the pricing of artwork is decided on the experience and expertise of the textile designer and the quality of the fabric sample and digital files used.
· However, the price of a textile artwork excludes the cost of printing or fabrication which later becomes the sole onus of the client/brand.
· In general, the price of one design can begin from around INR 20,000 and go up to INR 50,000 conditional on factors like the complexity, scale, and the number of colors used.
Does creating textile artwork catch your attention?
Want to be a professional textile designer?
If yes, then at IIFT Naraina, a renowned textile designing center Delhi, we might have a course perfectly outlined to meet your individual needs. Get in touch with us today!
Created on Jan 29th 2020 05:43. Viewed 88 times.