Want to Transform Your Room Into A Luxurious Hotel Room? Follow These Five Simple Tips!!by Jyoti S. interior designer
I am sure everyone, goes without saying including me, loves going on a vacation as it is a time when one is totally away from the everyday hassles of life and can, in the true sense, relax and enjoy one’s self. Holidays give us a much deserved break from our otherwise hectic and stressed out lives and help us unwind and rejuvenate. While there are many things that are both exciting and enticing about a vacation like exploring new destinations, meeting new people, experiencing different cultures, shopping etc., there is one thing that is by far the best and that is staying in a luxury hotel.
No matter where you go for a holiday, just the fact that you get to stay in a high-end hotel, makes your vacation really special and wonderful. There is something about hotels that is extremely attractive and appealing. The tastefully designed, spotlessly clean, peacefully calm, and of course wonderfully fragrant rooms, make staying at a hotel an absolute treat. However, more often than not, one has to shell out big bucks for such facilities and thus, staying very frequently at luxury hotels is not feasible. However, if like me, you love the ambiance and feel of a hotel, you can try out the following simple and easy ways to add that touch to your room too:
· Get Your Room In Order – Have you ever been to a hotel room and found things scattered all over the place? I am sure not! Then how can you convert your room into one with having things lying everywhere? The first and foremost thing to do is to get everything in your room organized. Remove all the things that you don’t need and make a dedicated place for all the things that you do. You could use various things like attractive and trendy baskets for keeping your combs, brushes and other hair accessories, files for neatly keeping papers and documents, zip-lock bags for small little things which can be easily misplaced and so on. Once you have done all this, don’t put them on display in your room. Systematically arrange them in a cupboard or some other storage place.
· Lay Out White Bed Spreads – Nothing will make your room appear and feel like a high-end hotel more than white bed spreads. Invest in a good quality cotton bed sheet with a high thread count. Higher the thread count, finer the quality. A good option would be to go for an Egyptian cotton bed sheet. This is generally what most hotels use. Don’t forget to have it crisply ironed as well. Lay it out on your bed and tuck in the corners. Next, lay out a super comfy and delicately soft white duvet. If you wish, you can tuck this in too. Further, beautify your bed by placing a ‘Bed Scarf’ – a long, rectangular piece of cloth, generally in a beautiful shade matching the color of the walls, the curtains and other upholstery, at its foot.
· Adorn With Pillows And Cushions – To get the perfect look of a hotel prettify your bed with lots of super comfy and soft pillows. Cover the pillows in white cases and arrange them neatly on your bed. Near the headboard, first place two pillows side by side and then another one on top of each. After arranging the pillows, gracefully place squashy cushions of various sizes all around. Be careful not to overdo. The purpose is to create a comfortable yet classy look. Try to ensure that the cushion covers and the bed scarf are both color and fabric co-ordinates as this will complement the whole look.
· Embellish With Fresh Flowers – Flowers are one of the prettiest and cheapest items and corporate gifts of interior decor. Their beauty and grace can add a lot of charm to any place. To quickly and effectively enhance the visual appeal of your room and make it resemble one of the luxury hotel’s, place in it a bouquet of wonderfully fresh flowers in an ornate vase. Play around with different colors and varieties of flowers to create an artistic look.
· Use A Soothing Room Fragrance – The smell of a place plays a huge role in defining how it feels. Any place having a pleasant smell automatically feels clean and hygienic, not to forget relaxing and comforting. However, be careful while selecting a fragrance for your room. Don’t go for anything that has an extremely strong or powerful aroma. Avoid tacky artificial air fresheners too. Instead go for natural products like reed diffuses and potpourri. These are an easy and safe way to scent your room and make it look beautiful too.So go ahead, try out these tips and easily transform your room from drab to fab!!
Created on Dec 31st 1969 18:00. Viewed 0 times.