Treatment for Enlarged Prostateby Jeffrey Edie counselor in health center
Enlarged prostate is a condition that affects most men who cross over into their 50s. An enlarged prostate is a major risk factor prostate cancer. If diagnosed well in time, it reduces your chances of prostate cancer. Take a look at the treatment options available for an enlarged prostate.
The prostate gland, a small walnut-sized gland found in men, is a major component of the human male reproductive system. With advancing age, the size of the prostate begins to grow, and nearly half of all men suffer from an enlarged prostate some point in their lives after they turn 50. That's one reason men resort to supplements, like the Super Beta Prostate, which can help maintain healthy prostate functioning. Difficulty and straining while urinating combined with pain and a burning sensation are the most common symptoms of an enlarged prostate. If you've been diagnosed with this condition, here are some of the treatment options that can be available for you.
Treatment for an Enlarged Prostate
· Treatment depends upon the severity of your condition. Medications, like alpha blockers, used to treat hypertension, can be used to treat an enlarged prostate. They relax the muscles of the bladder neck and prostate, which eases urinary function.
· If the prostate is swollen extensively, doctors may prescribe 5 alpha reductase inhibitors. These medications help to shrink the prostate by reducing the hormonal imbalance that had resulted in prostate enlargement.
· Antibiotics are also another way to treat this condition. It can bring down any inflammation that has been caused by an enlarged prostate.
· Some cases may require surgery, especially if the patient isn’t responding to medications, and the condition has advanced considerably and is affecting the bladder and kidneys. The most commonly used procedures are the transurethral resection of the prostate (TURP), the transurethral incision of the prostate (TUIP), and prostatectomy.
· Sometimes doctors may also recommend laser surgery, depending on the size of the overgrown prostate. This is a relatively new technique and not very common.
An enlarged prostate is not a chronic condition, and can be treated successfully with medications and lifestyle changes. Read up Super Beta Prostate review to know more about the product and its usefulness. Dietary supplements can also be useful. If you plan to take them, go through product reviews. Don’t get side-tracked by Super Beta Prostate scam reviews – beta sitosterol, an active compound in Super Beta Prostate, has been clinically proven to help improve prostate health and urinary flow and functions.
The key to remaining healthy is to keep yourself physically active and consume a nutritious diet. Simple practices like limiting alcohol and caffeinated beverages and cutting down on smoking can prove immensely helpful. Stay warm, visit the bathroom as soon as you feel the urge to do so will also help in emptying the bladder and preventing an enlarged prostate from worsening.
Created on Dec 31st 1969 19:00. Viewed 0 times.