Top Tips for Shopping in Jeddahby Sowsan Attia Red Sea Mall
Planning a visit to Jeddah in Saudi Arabia? Jeddah is one of the most beautiful and important cities of Saudi Arabia. It will astound you with its beautiful landscape and old world charm. It is also one of the most important trading centres of Saudi Arabia. The architectural grandeur of the city, its restaurants, shopping malls and entertainment centres make it a much sought after destination for tourists from all over the world.
From enjoying authentic cuisine in fancy restaurants to splurging on fancy items in the biggest Shopping Malls in Saudi Arabia, Jeddah has a plethora of experiences in store for you. If you are due to visit this marvellous city soon and love to shop, here are a few tips that you would find useful.
- Before you step out for shopping, it is important that you exchange the currency you are carrying with the national currency. You can visit a bank or an exchange office for the same. Pay attention to the proposed exchange rate and the commission charged.
- Jeddah has some very impressive shopping malls. The good news is that most shopping malls accept credit cards for payments. If you are planning to visit any of the local markets, make sure you carry cash in smaller denominations. Also, bargain well while shopping at local markets as this will help you get products at reasonable prices
- If you plan to buy arts and artefacts from Jeddah, make sure you preserve all the bills. Otherwise, you may have problems during customs clearance.
- If you plan to dine out during your stay in Jeddah, make sure you pay tips as you pay your bill. The standard practice is to leave 15 per cent of the bill amount as a tip in large restaurants.
- The power wattage in Jeddah is only 220 Volts. So check the appliances that you want to take with you for your trip. Also, if the electronic item is a must, you can ask for adapters from the hotel you are staying in.
- Also remember that photography isn’t allowed in public places. You can click pictures in specified tourist locations. Your tourist guide will brief of all the rules and regulations for tourists in Jeddah.
- Alcohol consumption is strictly prohibited in Jeddah. There are specific locations in Jeddah where alcohol consumption is permitted. However, you should be very careful about your behaviour in public after alcohol consumption as any irresponsible behaviour can cause you a hefty fine.
- Friday is usually a day off in Jeddah. Shops open quite early at around 9 am and stay open till 8 pm in the evening. Some shopping centres in the city stay open even late in the night. So if you are a night person, check out these shopping centres during your stay in Jeddah.
- You will be surprised to know that banks and government agencies open as early as 8 am in Jeddah and stay open till 8 pm. The working days in Jeddah are from Saturday to Wednesday. Thursday and Fridays are off.
Visit Jeddah if you are looking for an off beat destination that gives you memorable experiences and a great holiday! Splurge in the best shopping malls in Saudi Arabia and feast your eyes on unforgettable sights in Jeddah!
Created on Dec 31st 1969 19:00. Viewed 0 times.