Top 10 Causes of Female Infertilityby Kate Steel Fertility Center
Female infertility is a common issue with women in India. The reasons can vary, some can be individual and others can be linked, sometimes a mixture of many. Let’s take a look at the top 10 reasons of female infertility.
1. Age: Every woman should be aware that after 30’s the fertility begins to go down. Post 35, it gains speed, and by 40, the fertility rate is half. Usually, many fertility centers advise patients to donor eggs at 40 and after 42.
2. Ovulation issues: To conceive naturally you need to produce an egg or ovulate. Ovulating issues can occur monthly or at irregular intervals. PCOS is the most common ovulation disorder, hypothyroidism (inactive) and hyperthyroidism (overactive) and POF (premature ovarian failure) can be disorders that almost stop ovulation.
3. Tubal problems: If there is any kind of damage/blockage in the fallopian tube it can badly affect the travel of eggs to the tube down. Tubes can be damaged or blocked because of endometriosis or any past surgery and also due to fibroids and any pelvic infection. The tube can also get blocked due to hydrosalpinx. A HSG, lap, and dye can be used to check on tubes. IVF treatment in India can clear the tubes in fertility center.
4. Uterine issues: Endometrial polyps or uterine are growths in the uterus and can sometimes cause inflammation in the lining. It is tricky for eggs to implant if polyps affect fertility. Removing them by hysteroscopy at fertility center will help. The uterus has natural killer cells. If the level is very high it can trigger infertility and cause miscarriage.
5. PCOS: Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) is a condition that pulls down the ovary functioning. Ovaries can be polycystic which is to have multiple harmless cysts. It affects the release of regular eggs and impacts the ovulation. IVF patients with PCOS need to keep an eye on OHSS – a possibility of a fatal condition.
6. Endometriosis: In this condition cells from the womb lining either to other body parts. The cells bleed and grow causing cyst formations and adhesions. It can cause an ovary to attach to the pelvis or cause distortion. Endometriosis is a leading cause of infertility in women.
7. Cervical problems: Scarring in your cervix because of a past surgery can cause infertility. Cervical mucus changes with ovulation and helps sperm to swim in and if this does not occur then an egg won’t get fertilized.
8. Hormone disorders: High levels of prolactin produced by the pituitary gland (hyperprolactinemia) can cause infertility. Low level of antimullerian hormone (AMH) a protein hormone in the ovaries can cause infertility. A blood test should help in checking the levels.
9. Past cancer: Chemotherapy, done for a cancer treatment can cause harmful effects on fertility. Estrogen growing drugs will not be suitable for patients with breast cancer in the past.
10. Unexplained infertility: Doctors say that 25% of couple faces unexplained infertility. Seek treatment from doctors if you face any above issues and could put you in a good position for IVF treatment.
All these issues can be treated at infertility center at a nominal IVF cost in India.
Created on Dec 31st 1969 18:00. Viewed 0 times.