Some Technology to Recycle Scrap Copperby Jessie Garan Marketing
Industrial copper, brass and aluminum are valuable commodities for manufacturing and infrastructure. As such, mining companies around the world seek to uncover these resources from the ground. When these metals outlive their use in the product or infrastructure, they can be recycled for reuse. The copper recycle market in particular has become a large, lucrative global market. To engage this business, follow several tips.
1. Scrap wire and cable preprocessing(to separate the copper wire and the insulating layer):
1) Machinery separating method:
Drum-type stripper: suitable for processing the scrap wire and cable with the same dia.
Dissection-type stripper: suitable for processing the thick wire and cable.
2) Deep freezing method (USP 3990641): suitable for processing all kinds of wire and cable.
3) Chemical stripping method: use a kind of organic solvent to dissolve the insulating layer.
4) Pyrolytic process (USP 4040865): to burn off the insulating layer to get the copper wire.
2. Recycle the copper from the mixed scrap(USP 3905556): after the procedure: crushing—winnowing--magnetic separation—cutting up, the mixed scrap is divided into the rough, medium-rough and fine these three grades by the triple-deck screen, then they will be processed based on the different quantity, form and type they contain.
3. Recover the copper from the arsenic scrap (USP 4149880): make the arsenic smoke into thick liquid and leach them by the autoclave, then through metal replacement to get metallic copper.
These methods are the big achievements of human wisdom, and there are still many things to do to recover and recycle the scrap copper completely.
Created on Dec 31st 1969 18:00. Viewed 0 times.