RV Safety During Florida's Hurricane Seasonby America Choice RV National Leader in new RV Sales, used RV Sales, RV While Florida is a beautiful state to visit and there are several locations to explore by RV, during hurricane season, it is extremely important to protect yourself and your RV. Between the months of June and November, hurricane season is underway, and Florida is one of the most hurricane-prone states. This is not to say that you shouldn’t visit this state during this time; however, proper precautions will ensure that you and you property are safe should a hurricane occur. Should you be caught in a hurricane, RV repair will correct any damages your vehicle may endure. Avoid such damage – and injury to yourself – by planning ahead.
Here are some ways that you can keep yourself protected in your RV during Florida hurricane season.
• Know an emergency evacuation route: Make sure to map out an evacuation route that you can easily access, should a storm approach. Not knowing how to get out of the area and to safety can put you in serious danger.
• Have emergency supplies on hand: It is always a wise idea to have emergency supplies on hand, but it is particularly important during hurricane season. These supplies should include extra water, non-perishable food items, flashlights, batteries and a first aid kit.
• Make copies of important documents: While traveling, you will undoubtedly have important documents on hand. There is a chance that these documents may become lost or damaged, should a hurricane approach. Make copies of these documents. Should they become lost or damaged, the copies can be a life saver.
• Buy proper insurance: While insurance is necessary for your RV, the insurance you have may not cover hurricane damage. Make certain you have the proper insurance so that you can receive RV repair and so that your costs are covered.
• Leave early: Hurricanes are forecasted far in advance of their arrival. While their projected path is not completely accurate, these projections are pretty accurate. If you receive notice that a hurricane is being forecasted for the area you are in, make sure you heed the warnings and leave the area early. Not doing so can result in serious danger.
• Know of emergency shelter: Should you not be able to evacuate the area before a hurricane lands, you will likely want to seek refuge in an emergency shelter. Make certain that you are aware of the location of such a shelter so that you can take cover, should you need to.
In the event that you do encounter a hurricane while traveling through Florida in your RV, America Choice RV can provide you with any necessary RV repairs you should need. Contact them at 800-787-2537 to find out more information about the repair services they offer.
Created on Dec 31st 1969 18:00. Viewed 0 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.