Rolling Gate Repair and Maintenance Tips: Keep Your Rolling Gate in Top Shapeby Jiten Achary Web Master An automatic rolling gate serves number of purposes including security, it regulates number of features such as self automated opening and closing of the door, optical sensors and Physical and visual barrier for storefront entry and many others. The more automatic the rolling gate is, the greater personal monitoring and maintenance it demands. Smudged tracks, badly aligned rollers, crippled springs all these obstructions lead the opener to shut down which usually cause a non-functioning gate.
To avoid such clump and blockage, get to know your system and its related maintenance issues. Few very simple things can keep your rolling gate organized and damage free. No matter what type of rolling gate you have installed in, chain link or belt drive maintenance operations are same for all rolling systems.
Rolling Gate Repair NYC offers some easy to use maintenance and support tips
- First simply clean the rolling gate with detergent. Use a soft brush or vacuum to clear off the debris. In case of rust use some penetrating lubricating solutions such as WD 40. Some sand paper can also help in rust off.
- Apply a little lubricant to the rollers, tracks, spring openers and hinges. Use a light oil, citrus based oil or Kerosene oil can also help. Soak old toothbrush with oil and apply on the cracks. Keep it for few minutes and later wipe the oil with some steel-wool. Avoid using corrosive chemicals or grease.
- Make sure the hinges and springs are always well lubricated otherwise it can cause clump in your system.
- Check for frazzle on the door opener. Especially if your door is chain link or belt drive operated. Make sure the chain or belt is properly oiled.
- After oiling, tighten the loose screws, other moving parts and components of the rolling door.
Rolling Gates NYC suggests that maintenance and inspection should be done on regular monthly basis. Visual inspection of hardware such as pulleys and rollers, symptoms of damage of cable wires and if the sound of door opening or closing doesn’t sound good, immediately call a technician.
If your rolling gate has an automatic system, do check the balance of the door manually. Once in a while remove the automatic connection and open it. If it doesn’t lift smoothly or shows any sign of resistance, your door requires balancing and servicing.
Is your rolling gate an old one and don’t have edge sensor, photo eye testers and reverse mechanism? If yes then Rolling Gate Repair NYC recommends you to get an immediate replacement of your automatic operating system for safety purpose.
Hope you can easily perform these maintenance tasks and if not, our trained service technicians at Rolling Gates NYC are always ready to help you.
Created on Dec 31st 1969 19:00. Viewed 0 times.