Quantitative Aptitude Tips and Tricksby Soniya S. Web designer, Online Marketer Quantitative aptitude contains at least 30% questions in every competitive exam. Some topics of quantitative aptitude are very easy and students can easily get higher score in this section.
Questions based on Number system topic is simple, important, and high scorer. Students should prepare aptitude questions in proper way. Today, All the topics is available on the Internet. Students can easily access quantitative aptitude questions and answers from there.
Important Formulas Based on Number System
Number Series Formulas
- 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 5 + … + n = n(n + 1)/2
- (12 + 22 + 32 + ..... + n2) = n ( n + 1 ) (2n + 1) / 6
- (13 + 23 + 33 + ..... + n3) = (n(n + 1)/ 2)2
- Sum of first n odd numbers = n2
- Sum of first n even numbers = n (n + 1)
- (a + b)(a - b) = (a2 - b2)
- (a + b)2 = (a2 + b2 + 2ab)
- (a - b)2 = (a2 + b2 - 2ab)
- (a + b + c)2 = a2 + b2 + c2 + 2(ab + bc + ca)
- (a3 + b3) = (a + b)(a2 - ab + b2)
- (a3 - b3) = (a - b)(a2 + ab + b2)
- (a3 + b3 + c3 - 3abc) = (a + b + c)(a2 + b2 + c2 - ab - bc - ac)
- When a + b + c = 0, then a3 + b3 + c3 = 3abc
- (a + b)n = an + (nC1)an-1b + (nC2)an-2b2 + … + (nCn-1)abn-1 + bn
Shortcut Tips and Tricks for number divisibility Check
- A number is divisible by 2, if its unit's digit is any of 0, 2, 4, 6, 8.
- A number is divisible by 3, if the sum of its digits is divisible by 3.
- A number is divisible by 4, if the number formed by the last two digits is divisible by 4.
- A number is divisible by 5, if its unit's digit is either 0 or 5.
- A number is divisible by 6, if it is divisible by both 2 and 3.
- A number is divisible by 8, if the number formed by the last three digits of the given number is divisible by 8.
- A number is divisible by 9, if the sum of its digits is divisible by 9.
- A number is divisible by 10, if it ends with 0.
- A number is divisible by 11, if the difference of the sum of its digits at odd places and the sum of its digits at even places, is either 0 or a number divisible by 11.
- A number is divisible by 12, if it is divisible by both 4 and 3.
- A number is divisible by 14, if it is divisible by 2 as well as 7.
- Two numbers are said to be co-primes if their H.C.F. is 1. To find if a number, say y is divisible by x, find m and n such that m * n = x and m and n are co-prime numbers. If y is divisible by both m and n then it is divisible by x.
Most of the students take this in light way. In the form of result, they do not get higher marks in this section. So, students need to remember these formulas and other more formulas to solve aptitude questions.
Find latest Aptitude Questions 2015
Created on Dec 31st 1969 18:00. Viewed 0 times.