Portfolio management - Become a Successful Portfolio Management Professional - Training Courses andby Stephen Moses Admin
Portfolio Management refers to centralized management of more than one portfolios, including identifying, authorizing, prioritizing, controlling and managing the projects or programs to achieve specific business strategies.
Importance of Portfolio Management:
Portfolio management helps in achieving strategic goals of an organization. Management of portfolio is crucial to organize and prioritize projects and ensure if the project gets appropriate financial support.
Is Portfolio Management Profession a Demanding Career in Business Industry?
If you are a challenging personality with skills and new ideas to take a business into successful path and helping the organization achieve their planed objective and want to choose Portfolio Management as your profession, then you are the right path.
Role as a Portfolio Manager:
Portfolio management is a responsible job, which emphasize on constant monitoring and managing the assigned portfolios. The Portfolio manager has the responsive roles in:
· Establishing and guiding project selection
· Prioritizing the process and balancing portfolio components
· Providing timely assessment of the performance of a portfolio to the stakeholders
· Assisting decision makers with reviews, reports and optimization
· Ensuring consistent and timely communication with stakeholder on the impacts, progress and changes associated with portfolio management
· Providing senior level supports and involve in any important decision making
Portfolio manager is the coveted career in the financial industry. A portfolio management professional will work with the team of researchers and analysts. He is responsible to make the final decision on investment.
To become a successful portfolio manager, you must cover the course and take some initial steps to accomplish in your career. If you already hold an undergraduate degree, but want to take Portfolio management as your career, then it is recommendable to take up a course in economics, business, accounting or Mathematics. Most of the professionals also have a good academic background in engineering, computer science, biology or physics. However, an MBA degree along with undergraduate degree makes employers give more attention to you.
Professionals also posses Chartered Financial Analyst designation, however candidate must be proficient in accounting and financial terms and capable of using economics, quantitative and other techniques to prove his skills.
What are the Requirements to become a Successful Portfolio Management Professional?
A candidate must possess certain qualification to become a portfolio manager or a financial analyst. To guide you, here follows some fundamental requirements to enter the industry:
· Must have a bachelor’s degree of 4 years in Finance, Economics, Accounting or Business Administration
· Complete internship or courses in finance industry
· Earn a Master’s degree in Business administration or Finance
· Take courses in Asset management, bond valuation or pricing
· Complete training programs and seek entry level positions in financial analyst
· Pass a licensing examination
· Advance in your position working in a firm
· On meeting your eligibility requirements, you can try large organization to excel in your career
How does the Portfolio Management Course assist you?
The short term training course in Portfolio Management will help you in:
· Gaining better understanding of key elements of the investment process
· Understanding investment approaches and valuation of equities, bonds or any other alternative investments
· Gaining a deep insight into alternative strategies of investment
· Learning more about performance measurement, attribution and evaluation
Who is qualified for Portfolio Management Course?
· Equity and fixed income analyst
· Portfolio manager
· Private banker
· Wealth manager
· Middle office professional
· Pension fund trustee
By earning credentials in Portfolio Management, you get more chances of being recognized by companies for having advanced skills and experience in the domain. Your abilities to firmly coordinate and manage one or more portfolios further improve your credentials to become a successful professional.
Created on Dec 31st 1969 19:00. Viewed 0 times.