Microsoft Office 2016 Arrives, Office 365 Updatedby Jade Witte Jade Witte | Cloud Connect Specialist By Kelly Sheridan
September 22, 2015
Summary Notes of Article:
- Office 2016 was officially launched worldwide on September 22.
- It was redesigned for Windows 10 optimization, improved collaboration and strengthened security. All applications within the Office suite were updated.
- Microsoft’s CEO, Satya Nadella, expressed that Microsoft is focused on reinventing productivity and business processes for today's mobile and cloud demands.
- Before, Microsoft didn't really offer collaboration tools, which has now become a top priority for them.
- They’ve added a co-authoring feature that works in real- time with their Office apps. Also, Skype for Business is available across its client apps, and it’s coming to Office Online later this fall.
- Tell Me and Smart Lookup are other capabilities that are now available as desktop apps.
- Certain apps have new features, like Excel 2016, which has new modern chart types and integrated publishing to Power BI.
- Outlook 2016 has also been enhanced and now removes automatically low-priority mail, Office 365 Groups are integrated into the Outlook client app at this point and also available on mobile devices.
- There are also new security features for Office apps that benefit business customers, like Built-in Data Loss Prevention and multifactor authentication.
- Among other things, it now features Office 365 Planner, to help record, organize and appoint plans, Office 365 Groups insights and discovery in Office Delve, personal analytics in Delve, expanded presentation capabilities in PowerPoint, and Office insights available in Cortana.
Cloud & Network Consultant
Connect with me on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jadewitte
For a LinkedIn connection request use this email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Created on Dec 31st 1969 18:00. Viewed 0 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.