Let’s Know all about Sleeping Tabletsby Steve Ford Writer
With a boost in work pressure, a huge chunk of people around the world are often seen facing a steep decrease in their sleep. Many surveys have also resulted that patients of insomnia are increasing. To deal with this annoying problem of sleeplessness, people are finding refuge in the usage of sleeping pills. There are numerous both prescriptive and non-prescriptive sleeping pills now available in market. While many people are comfortable consuming these tablets to treat insomnia, yet others are worried about their side effects. To spread awareness about the sleeping pills, we have come up with this article. Here, we will discuss what actually sleeping pills are, how they help and what the precautions to be taken with their usage are! Keep reading.
What Sleeping Tablets Are?
Today, sleeping pills are helping numerous individuals around the world to sleep better. Their results have shown, these are quite effective in dealing with short term sleep troubles caused by jet lag, medical procedure and other issues. Nevertheless, people are not aware about the exact usage and benefits of these pills.
Sleeping pills are essentially “sedative hypnotics", which belongs to a specific group of drugs generally used to infuse or maintain undisturbed sleep. There are so many sedatives available such as Ambien (zolpidem), Zopiclone, etc among other medicines. They make people fall sleep within few minutes of their consumption and keep them stay asleep throughout the night.
These tablets work by causing sedation, quickly increasing drowsiness and sleep. It is usually seen that people tend to avoid these pills as they fear they might be addictive or packed with side-effects. But, if taken properly as per the prescription then, these are safe and effective. In fact, doctors also recommend these over the counter pills to come out of the rough phase of insomnia.
Precautions to Be Followed With the Usage of Sleeping Pills:
· Try to avoid taking sleeping pills with other non-prescription medicines of herbal supplements such as pain relievers. As, their combination can be hazardous for health.
· Do follow specific instructions for decreasing or stopping the consumption of sleeping pills. Stopping the use of these pills suddenly can leave uncomfortable side-effects.
· Sleeping pills should be taken on intermittently basis rather than regularly.
· People suffering from liver problems, glaucoma, diabetes or high blood pressure, should take these pills only with doctor’s recommendation.
· Eat a sleeping pill when one have enough time to get a full night sleep, means if you have 7 to 8 hours nearly for sleeping or one might end up feel drowsy the next day.
Created on Dec 31st 1969 18:00. Viewed 0 times.