Java Performance Software Testing Toolby Ken Miller Tech Writer The software testing tools have made it much more convenient for developers to evaluate the performance and efficiency of their applications. As an application can be developed by targeting the desktop computers, online users and mobile devices, each developer wants to test it using the best software testing tool. If you are a Java developer, you have options to choose from a variety of open source as well as licensed performance testing software applications. But you can always consider using some of the most popular and widely used open source Java performance testing software to keep your project cost under control.
Five Widely Used Open Source Java Application Performance Testing Tools
1. Apache JMeter: As an open source performance testing tool for Java applications, JMeter can be integrated smoothly with a variety of test plans. You can use the tool to test the function of Java Objects, PerlScripts, and Servlets. Along with adding the tool to your load test plan, you can also use it to create a customized function testing plan. The software can further be loaded on a server or network to check the performance of you application, and analyze its functioning under different conditions. Also, you can use the tool to test the performance of desktop, internet and mobile applications.
2. WebLoad: The testing tool is popular due to its ability to evaluate the performance of a website in detail, along with highlighting the bottlenecks affecting its performance. You can also use the software to perform both load testing and stress testing. It can be used to load test a variety of web applications including Oracle Forms, AJAX, and Adobe Flex. At the same time, you can also use the tool to evaluate the working performance of the application, and the way it responds to user requests. Most Java developers use WebLoad to get clear and detailed information about the functionality and actual capacity of their web applications.
3. NeoLoad: The software is developed using Java, and can be used to measure and analyze a website’s performance. Most developers use NeoLoad to optimize and improve their web applications. The performance of a website is evaluated by the tool by increasing the size of website traffic, and checking its performance under heavy load. The software makes it easier for developers to determine of the capacity of the internet application, along with the number of users it can handle simultaneously. Based on the end test results evaluated by the tool, you can take some additional measures to boost the look, feel and performance of your application.
4. LoadUI: Along with being open source, LoadUI is also popular among web application developers as a flexible and interactive load testing tool. A developer can easily integrate the stress testing tool with other functional testing tools like LoadUI and SoapUI. Also, you can use the testing tool to create, configure and update the tests while evaluating the performance of your web applications. Unlike conventional Java application testing tools, LoadUI allows you to enjoy the drag and drop experience to test the performance of your application in a more dynamic way. The advanced analysis and reporting features provided by the software allow you to test the real performance of the web application by pumping new data during the testing process. The tool further updates the interface automatically each time you make any modification to your application.
5. OpenSTA: The term OpenSTA represents the open system testing architecture supported by the GUI based application performance testing tool. You can use the tool to perform load testing and analysis for your Java application development projects. Many developers find OpenSTA to be more complex than other application performance tools. But the powerful tool is hugely popular among developers to test and analyze heavy load for the HTTP and HTTPs scripts. The tool tests your web application using recording along with several simple scripts. You have to collect test results and statistics of several tests to determine the exact performance of your application. However, the tool makes it easier for you to collect the test results by creating reports.
Along with these widely used performance testing tools, you also have options to choose from a number of additional software applications. However, it is always important to pick a Java software performance testing tool by keeping in mind the requirements of your application.
We provide Java web development services. We have expert java team with 100% Java certification ratio. To hire Java developer from us, please reach out to us at Mindfire Solutions.
Created on Dec 31st 1969 18:00. Viewed 0 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.