How to use INPA cable to do BMW E90 DPF Regeneration?by Serena Kong OBD tool & service online supplier One customers bought bmw inpa K DCAN usb interface from ADKautodiangostic.com, and use it to do the BMW E90 DPF Regeneration, and here he shared the whole process with us, and you can get it here.
INPA K+D-CAN for BMW, INPA EDIABAS K D-CAN OBD Interface for BMW
Car won’t perform re-gen if
- Engine temperature does not reach over >75c, and stay over this for a period of time (20/30 mins)
- Some Fault codes are stored – Mainly and Ironicly the DPF fault code it
Firstly I installed inpa software on my laptop. The software is in a mini dvd that came with the package. I read fault codes and cleared them. Within a few miles drive I plugged in and checked again, they where back. I guessed these codes where stopping the car regenning and it was stuck in a loop.
How to do the BMW PDF re-gen
– I engaged the engine temp in hidden OBC so i could see temp.
– Plugged in laptop to car (battery fully charged)
– Went for drive on M5.
– Engage Cruise Control – Adjust car to over 50mph so engine temp runs at over 75 – my temp was reading 76 to 79
– Every 10’seconds clear the fault codes or take a passenger and get them to keep hitting the clear button on your fault code scanner.
– Look at your OBC temp reading.
– After about 10 miles my temp started rising and peeked at 93c, this is DPF doing its thing.
– Rear view mirror = sooty clouds occupied by eggy smell later.
– Exhaust tips sooty.
I suspect the EGR thermostat was the initial culprit but once it throws the DPF warning fault codes keep the car stuck a loop. I noticed the car was storing the dpf code before it was reporting it on the dash when i was driving too. So need to keep clearing codes obsessively when driving..
Any other questions please visit our online service via skype @autodiangostic.com.
Created on Dec 31st 1969 19:00. Viewed 0 times.