How to use high quality climbing holds for better grips and trainingby Universal Postions Executive
Climbing holds are the core products of wall climbing. They should be of good quality, appropriate for skill levels. You need a good supplier, good prices and good information when purchasing your climbing holds.
Climbing holds relate directly to skills, fitness and experience. For example:
· Kids’ climbing holds are larger, highly colored, and designed to provide safe support.
· Intermediate level climbing holds are smaller, and require more experience and higher fitness levels to use.
· Advanced climbing holds are designed to be a challenge for experienced climbers.
Holds for different types of walls
Every type of climbing surface also has different requirements when buying holds. These are used for various purposes. The most common places where holds are installed are:
· Schools: In schools, soft yet sturdy holds are used for creating climbing walls for children in the play area. This is an exciting activity which allows children to enjoy healthy exercise and also helps them to learn climbing safely.
· Outdoor climbing: Some climbing surfaces are made of wood. These holds can be fixed using a screw that attaches them firmly to the surface. At kid level, a typical place where climbing holds are used is a tree house or other outdoor structure. For adults, the climbing surface is more likely to be a dedicated wall or other outdoor feature using intermediate or advanced level holds. The best outdoor climbing holds are durable and weatherproof.
· Rock Walls: These holds are tightly attached so that one can use ropes to climb the wall. These rock holds come with strong screws that can be drilled into the rock. In most cases, the holds will be “designer holds” created for experienced climbers.
Different Sizes, Shapes and Colors
Climbing wall holds need to be selected with care and thought:
Always check for quality. A few buying tips:
· Good climbing holds are usually provided direct from the manufacturers, and they’re cheaper, too.
· The best manufacturers are usually specialists in climbing paraphernalia and equipment.
· You need to see a good range and selection of types of holds, with lots of information and a help desk service.
A good place to see all the right things in a climbing holds supplier is Atomik Climbing Holds, a major league American manufacturer and supplier. They have great credentials in the industry, and provide a lot of information for clients, with expert advisory services.
Check out their website here, at http://www.atomikclimbingholds.com
About The Author:
For complete explanations and my recommendations on children’s climbing wall, please visit the Website. Thank you for reading this article.
Created on Dec 31st 1969 18:00. Viewed 0 times.