Himachal Honeymoon Packages And Tourist Attractionsby Lucas Naruka *** Himachal Pradesh popularly known as the ‘Dev Bhumi’ is regarded as the land of Gods. It has Jammu Kashmir to the north, Punjab to its west and Tibetan plateau to the east. It comprises of several hill stations and is the perfect place for a dream holiday.
Places of Interest
1. Una - It is the district headquarters of Una lying on the banks of River Swan. Una was named after the 5th Sikh guru - Shri Guru Arjan Dev ji. ‘Una’ stands for ‘Unnati’ which means progress. The town once enjoyed the status of a state in the Jalandhar Doab and has been mentioned in the Ain-e-Akbari.
2. Amb - Amb is located on the Dharamshala-Una-Chandigarh Road. It was once the royal seat of the princely state of Jaswan. This place was made a sub-divisional headquarters in 1972, after the reorganization of the districts in the state. The Amb town is connected by buses coming from Hoshiarpur and Chandigarh that pass through Una.
3. Batal - Located at a distance of 4.6kms from Arki is Batal situated at the foot of Kunzum La Pass is the spot for halt for tourists to Kaza. One can catch enchanting views of the Chandra River, Bara Shigri Glacier and triangular peaks in the south from this place. It is an ideal place for rock climbing and trekking. Losar, Gramphu and Chotta Shigri Glacier are all situated within a short distance.
4. Kotli - An important pilgrim centre in the Mandi District it is known for its Shiva temple, Janitri Devi temple, Jhagru Dev temple, Kamrawh Dev temple and Kasla Dev temple. Other temples here are - Rachera Dev temple, Mahan Dev temple, Nagini Devi temple, Troka Wali Devi temple, Surgani Devi temple and Tej Bahadur Singh temple.
5. Chail - One of the popular hill stations near Solan Chail used to be the summer capital of Maharaja Adhiraj Bhupinder Singh of Patiala. It covers an area of 110kms. It was declared a sanctuary in 1976 and was developed as Chir Pheasant Breeding and Rehabilitation centre. You will find here a diverse species of mammals like - Rhesus Macaque, Leopards, Indian muntjac, goral, porcupine, Himalayan black bear, wild boar, common langur, sambar, black-naped hare, etc.
6. Saho - One of the most charming villages in Himachal Pradesh it is located on a breathtaking plateau on the banks of river Sal. There is a temple of Lord Shiva worshipped in the Chandrasekhar manifestation. Behind the temple you will find natural springs and the water has medicinal properties.
Hence we can conclude that visiting the above mentioned places of interest will definitely give an enjoyable and delightful experience to the honeymooners.
Read about Himachal Honeymoon Packages. Also know Gulmarg Honeymoon Packages. Read about Srinagar Honeymoon Packages.
Created on Dec 31st 1969 19:00. Viewed 0 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.