Get the Most Out Of Your Marketing Efforts Through Demand Generationby Celena Watson Technical writer
Demand generation has been defined as the art and science
of creating, nurturing, and managing a customer's interest in the product by
campaign management, lead management, marketing analysis, and data management.
Good demand generation program lead the sales department to the right prospects and turn them into qualified customers. Initiating a strong lead management process ensures management of qualified leads. Demand generation is all about nurturing qualified leads and turning them into sales. Creativity and innovation play an important role here and drives a customer's towards your product. There is a strong possibility that your company knows what works but is simply not using these strategies.
Following strategies help companies to manage demand generation in a better way:
- Follow those leads today - The lag time of a few hours can turn into days and weeks and that hurts your business in a big way. The leads that you have marked as 'qualified' ought to be followed on immediately before they lose steam. The delay can cost you and you don't want that.
- Get on the phone - Yes, it is difficult when you call and are not able to establish a relationship right away. Well, you won't. But your third or fourth attempt will fetch a positive response and the buyer might show interest so don't give up calling.
- Make special offers - The best way to attract a customer is by letting him feel special. That means offer him some discount, email him some whitepapers, brochures, eBooks. This helps to keep the line of communication open.
- Don't bombard your client with your demo - Don't be too pushy with your demo. It gives a feeling that you are forcing the client to buy your product. Try to be a bit softer by giving something less intimidating.
- Give valuable information to your customer - Most companies focus more on their products rather than educating the prospect about their product. The customer has to know that what you are offering is worth his dollar. In order to do this, you should be ready to give unbiased views and information. The advantages of buying your product are known to you but does the customer know about it? Guide him and he is sure to show interest sooner than later.
- Your existing customers matter too - In the process to win new customers, don't forget your old ones. Remember they are the ones who got you where you are today. So maintain relations with them and ask for referrals. Referrals help in a big way for demand generation.
- Store that sales conversation - Even before talking to a customer, you do your homework by way of research. Store this information. Store the conversation you had with this client as it will help you to build on your strategy when you talk to your next client.
- Create an interesting landing page - Make use of the automated tools here. Drive your customers to your page by sing automated tools and offering interesting content. Give your customers specific content and they will be more than happy to talk to you.
Plan a demand generation program that works for your company by studying these strategies. Spend more time with your customer, nurture his needs and turn them into qualified ones. Take help of technology i.e. automated tools and campaigns. This is a sure-fire way to get to the top.
Celena Watson - Passionate writer and blogger. I have written on many different topics which include market research service, outbound sales, inbound sales, lead management, lead nurturing, inside sales, demand generation and many more. For more info visit online reputation management.
Created on Dec 31st 1969 19:00. Viewed 0 times.