Fun Field Trips in Pennsylvania Stateby George Hall school field trip
You may be a teacher, you perhaps are a parent who prefers homeschooling for the kids, but irrespective of which role you are involved in, at one time or another you will look forward to a field trip that is fun and also educational for your students.
There are plenty of great opportunities for learning outside the walls of the classroom. Any one of the following ideas are suited to students who are at elementary level or within middle school. They are also suited to both the smaller and the larger group. Keep in mind that some venues do tend to book up fast in spring, so aim to make your reservation early.
Field Trips in Pennsylvania
Start out by assessing your local history. There are plenty of historical events that have taken place throughout the Keystone State, and there are also many locations where students can partake in reliving this history whilst simultaneously incorporating the sciences and the arts.
You may be looking to take a few hours out of the day, or have a preference for an overnight field trip. Each venue combines fun together with education and are certainly worthy of a drive in order to get there.
For an overnight field trip, Philadelphia is highly recommended. For example, the Franklin Institute proffers a camp-in which permits you and your students to relish in the delights of camping within the exhibits. In the morning, you’ll have the entire place to yourselves.
There are, likewise, many places to see and visit within a very concentrated area in the city. Plenty of the locations of historical interest are free of charge, so, really, you could easily spend an entire week here and still not see everythingthat’s on your to-do list.
Pennsylvania Art Museum affords an excellent display of knight armor, while the Penns Landing ships are lovely to see.
The Liberty Bell may not be particularly exciting, though arguably the most stimulating aspect of this experience, at least for the younger generation, is to get through all the security.
Ideas for Philadelphia Field Trips – Top Eleven
- PPG Aquarium and Pittsburgh Zoo
- Carnegie Science Museum
- Harrisburg: Lake Tobias Wildlife Park
- Independence Park, Philadelphia Art Museum, or The Franklin Institute
- Planetarium in Reading and Reading Art Museum
- Gettysburg: Civil War Museum and Gettysburg Battlefield
- Stroudsburg’s Quiet Valley or Old Bedford Village, Bedford
- Scranton: Lackawanna Coal Mine Tour
- State College: Indian Echo Caverns
- Hershey, PA: Hershey Story and/ or Chocolate World
- Manheim, PA: Pennsylvania Renaissance Fair
- Lancaster PA field trips: Refreshing Mountain Retreat & Adventure Center
Created on Dec 31st 1969 18:00. Viewed 0 times.