Enhancing Performance Tuning in Oracleby Sara Stanford tech writer Handling Oracle is a multi handed task, it needs expertise in all its peripheries. Performance tuning in Oracle is a vital component of any application being designed and developed in it. There are chances of performance issues cropping up due to which the entire application may get affected. In order to avoid such hiccups, there are numerous factors which have to be attended to. Each of these factors has individual tuning parameters and imbalance of these parameters could lead to a poor performance by the application.
Some such factors to be taken care of while performance tuning is as below:
- Improved performance of the hardware components like CPU, Memory, Data Storage and Network.
- Identifying problems like slow physical input / output, outages and extreme CPU usage, well ahead in time to avoid hitches in performance.
- Proper designing of I/O system to ensure apt built of the system and ensuring a spread out of data over multiple smaller capacity drives instead of a single large capacity drive.
- Striping data files of the Oracle Database, to encourage use of multiple disks and channels across db objects.
- Plan for the growth of the database to achieve further performance benefits and ensure appropriate sizing of the disk system
The main intent of tuning is to lessen the consumption of resources or reduce the completion time for any operation. So, whenever a resource is over used, it may result into performance problems.
While supporting an Oracle database and designing any storage system, ensuring a correct combination of storage, availability and performance is absolutely vital.
Firstly, it is necessary to work out on a complete performance tuning plan which provides a comprehensive framework and the amount of effort that needs to be put in implementing the entire plan. It is very important to decide what tests are to be conducted, what are the measurements to be taken and how to find out if the results are satisfactory or not.
It is imperative that while the performance testing scripts are being written, all the components are not involved. Cleverly choosing amongst the ones which are really the needed ones is the key part of performance tuning. While managing and maintaining any Oracle database, the most important roles are that of the DBA, a System Administrator and a Network Engineer.
SPEC INDIA, an ISO 9001:2008 company, has a varied experience in dealing with multiple types of databases, Oracle being one of the important ones. There are various database services like Database design, monitoring, performance tuning, replication and synchronization, installation, set-up and repair that we deal with. We would be glad to serve any kind of database requirement of yours.
Created on Dec 31st 1969 19:00. Viewed 0 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.