Choosing to go organic starts with investing in organic cotton beddingby Stefanie Carson Interior Decorator Organic items have become highly popular in the recent years. Everything from organic bedding sets to organic foods is up for grabs and there is never a time like now to choose the organic way of living. So how does one do it? Here are ways to get started.
Ways to go organic
Today, going organic is a way of life for many people. The first thing to understand is that it does not have to be expensive to live the organic life. Yes, organic foods can cost more than regular food but if you are careful and plan ahead, you can end up saving money.
- Generic products are the way to go: Most of the supermarkets today have a section that is dedicated to organic produce. The good news is that these shelves will also contain produce which belong to the supermarket’s brand itself. These are generic products that does not cost too much and it can save you a significant amount of money if you shop from there. Choose these generic products instead of the other organic brands.
- Go online for organic cotton bedding: A wonderful thing to sleep on is organic bedding sets. Not only will you find them to be of high-quality, but they are also going to be softer than other products. It is a wonderful idea to switch to organic cotton bedding. And if you are looking to save money, shop for cotton bed sheets online. You will find a huge variety of products at discount prices. Enjoy your sleep like never before in these soft cotton sheets that were manufactured using organic methods.
- Bird for dinner: If you regularly shop for pre-cut meat from your local deli, stop! You can go organic without spending loads of money by buying a whole organic chicken instead of just the breasts or the thighs. In fact, did you know that the price of two chicken breasts is almost the same as a whole organic chicken? Think of creative ways to use that chicken and give your family the power of organic nutrition.
- Decrease the portion sizes of proteins: Doing this is a great way of ensuring that you don’t balk at your household expenses even if you switch to organic. If you usually buy meat by calculating anything between 6 and 8 ounces per person, then start by cutting portion sizes to 3 ounces per person. This is going to be organic meat, which means that you will be giving your family a healthier dinner. You can fill plates with things like whole grains, salads and vegetable dishes and that is sure to fill everyone’s tummies.
- Choosing frozen foods: Going organic by way of filling up the freezer with frozen fruits and vegetables is a great idea. This will ensure that you are stocked up for a long time and that there is no wastage happening.
- Choose legumes and vegetables: Apart from shopping for organic cotton bedding bed sheets online, one crucial thing that can help your family eat organic and yet not increase expenditure is to choose more legumes and vegetables. Meat, poultry and fish are expensive when you compare them with legumes and vegetables. So it is a great idea if you can make vegetarian dinners two to three times every week. It is also going to be great for your body to have less meat and poultry and you are going to enjoy more energy as well.
As you can see, going organic does not have to be difficult at all.
Created on Dec 31st 1969 18:00. Viewed 0 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.