Choosing the right 3D animation studioby Nayana Vasudev SEO expert
The business environment in the gaming industry in India today is fast becoming challenging and to earn a competitive edge, it is important to be as unique and innovative as possible. Video game designer companies, therefore, are looking at 3D animation to earn a distinctive edge. There are several 3D animation studios (Dhruva Interactive is one) in the country but how does one choose the right studio for outsourcing their project? The following are the criteria that video game outsourcing companies should ideally follow:
1. During the selection process, the 3D game development company should compare the demo reels received from all the prospective 3D animation studios that they wish to hire for outsourcing. It is important to evaluate the creativity and story-telling skills of the samples received. Are the visuals and sounds interesting enough to hold the interest of the audience? Is the story and script captivating enough?
2. How many years of professional experience does the studio have? Most studios select team members for a project based on the nature of the project. When a project is handled by people who have years of prior experience in developing 3D video animation content, they will have a more goal-oriented, specific and detailed approach while designing your project.
3. Each studio develops the 3D content based on a work process document. This document has the specifications and steps which is to be followed while producing the animation. Every company should ask the studio for the work process document. On receiving the document, the work process can then be evaluated to check if it would suit the nature of your project. Most studios prepare a document that is flexible so that it can incorporate any alterations made by the client at a later stage.
4. The studio hired must be ready to experiment with fresh and out-of-the-box ideas and concepts. Sometimes the nature of the project will require the animators to step out of their comfort zone and implement a completely different and never-used-before technique. The animators must be willing to go ahead with this.
5. The studio which is selected must be quick with their responses to suggestions and feedbacks. When a studio responds quickly, you can expect your suggestions to be implemented immediately. A quick response indicates a systematic internal process as well.
6. There needs to be transparency in the production process right from the initial stages. The hired studio needs to keep the company that hired them in the loop at all times so that it is easier for the company to detect any sort of deviation from the original approved work process document if necessary.
Find the sample animation demo reel
Created on Dec 31st 1969 18:00. Viewed 0 times.