Best Tips to Download Free ebooksby Ray Arnold Marketing Manager
As an avid reader, you're probably right now in the process of making the leap from reading conventional books to ebooks. The technology is exciting, the process is convenient, there's much less clutter, no garage sales to worry about when you move and you can read/listen anywhere, anytime.
However, as a newbie ebook enthusiast, you're also discovering that ebooks are far from cheap. In fact, they cost as much or sometimes more than the regular hardback versions. A lot of so-called “free” websites ask you to become a member, or you're required to fill in complicated registrations or they put you on various lists for receiving newsletters, updates and general spam. Today the challenge is not about getting ebooks, but about how to download free ebooks.
But honestly, there's a veritable ocean of free stuff out there! Whatever the kind of eReader you have including Kindle, Nook, a Sony Reader or a Google Nexus, they all come with features that not only allow you to make fantastic on-line purchases, but allow you to download your favorite authors as well.
- Most of the free downloads are either promos, out-of-copyright books or works of pre-1923 writers. This makes all the great classics available to you, completely free. So look for books written by such authors.
- Ensure that you know who's providing the free ebook.
- Read the fine print and understand the terms and conditions of use.
- Another useful tip is to trawl through paid sites for books marked at $0.00. You might find some great stuff there. Amazon too has a dedicated free section.
- Swapping books is one way of finding books you haven't read yet. Some sites have a “lend” feature that allows you to share a book you've paid for. This is one way of keeping your inventory lean and mean!
- Your local library is, surprisingly, a fabulous resource to download free ebooks. Many libraries offer services known as Overdrive which allow readers to get the books of their choice, free.
- As we said before, there's tons of free stuff floating around the Net. Project Gutenberg and other such endeavors have carefully converted timeless classics into readable text. There are also hundreds of sites offering free audio books.
- Some websites specialize in genres. Others may offer an eclectic variety. If you're looking specifically for textbooks, academic material, fiction, children's books, poetry, theater, travelogues, history, philosophy, etc., sites like Loyalbooks.com have a wonderful selection of such works.
- A smart tip is to change your location while browsing. Some websites offer free downloads in certain countries but not in others.
- If you come across a free ebook that you've been wanting, download it immediately. Prices and offers can change within hours.
- Ensure that the download is compatible with the format you're using. There are also lots of apps that can help you with downloads.
- Subscribe to RSS feeds to get constant updates on great offers. Some sites offer free borrowing if you purchase a membership or a reader from them.
- Keep these handy hints in mind while you download free ebooks!
Created on Dec 31st 1969 19:00. Viewed 0 times.