RevPages

Plitvice Lakes

by Intacta Apartments Short term apartments rental in Zagreb, Croatia
Croatia's first National park established in 1949 covers 296.85 km2 of breathtaking natural splendor becoming with it the largest among the eight national parks of the country.
Recommended Features
  • Plitvice lakes - first Croatian national park
  • The underwater thresholds elevation of the bottom
  • Travertine caves - caves, crags
Learn more about Plitvice Lakes»

Review on Plitvice Lakes

The protected area extends over 296,85 km. About 90 percent of this area are part of Lika-Senj County, while the remaining 10 percent are part of Karlovac County. In 1979, Plitvice Lakes National Park was added to the UNESCO World Heritage register among the first natural sites worldwide. Yearly, about 900,000 visitors are recorded. Entrance is subject to charges. Strict regulations apply.

Related to Plitvice Lakes

Central Croatia: Plitvice Lakes National Park
PBS, Rick Steves, travel, Europe, Rick Steeves, Steve Rick, Plitvika, national park, travertine, nature

One of Europe's top natural wonders is Croatia's Plitvice Lakes National Park. Imagine Niagara Falls sliced and diced and sprinkled over a vast and heavily forested canyon. It's a lush and unforgettab

Related Articles

National park Kornati, Croatia

KORNATI ISLANDS http://www.kornati.hr/eng/index.asp is a group of about 130 islands, islets and reefs sprinkled in the deep blue sea of the Adriatic covering an area of about 64 sq km. The Korn...

Protected Areas of the republic of Croatia

  If you want to see our national parks on a map, follow this link: Enjoy it!   http://www.np-sjeverni-velebit.hr/novi_web/Velebit_eng/velebit_links.htm  

National park Brijuni, Croatia - virtual tour

  Take a tour and see how it looks like by clicking on blu links "virtualna setnja"     http://www.brijuni.hr/en/Home.aspx?PageID=6   The Brijuni (also known as the Brionian ...

About Intacta Apartments Innovator     Short term apartments rental in Zagreb, Croatia

24 connections, 1 recommendations, 55 honor points.
Joined APSense since, February 2nd, 2011, From Zagreb, Croatia.

Created on May 16th 2011 16:28. Viewed 1,139 times.

Comments

No comment, be the first to comment.
Please sign in before you comment.