Amazon Cloud Cam Security Cameraby Arsalan N. Internet Researcher, Blogger
Stay connected 24/7 - Catch activities as they happen in 1080p Full HD. Watch, download, and share the last 24 hours of motion alert video clips for free. Recommended Features
- 120 degrees diagonal
- Camera diameter (60 mm), camera thickness (42 mm), overall height (104 mm), base diameter (70 mm)
- Dual CPUs. Wi-Fi SoC and Image Signal Processor
- Power adapter and power cord (10 ft. long) included
- Single-antenna Wi-Fi with diversity. Supports public and private Wi-Fi networks that use the 802.11g/n; does not support connecting to ad-hoc (or peer-to-peer) Wi-Fi networks.
Review on Amazon Cloud Cam Security Camera1) NestCam records 24/7 and saves for up to X days (depending on your subscription), Amazon Cloud Cam only saves clips triggered by motion for X days (depending on your subscription). Given Amazon's cloud business and near-infinite storage space on S3, this stinks.
2) You cannot turn off infrared on the camera rending it useless looking out a window (or through any glass) at night. (see attached photo.)
3) You cannot turn off the blinking green light indicating the camera is recording, so if you're discreetly recording an area, this is not the camera for you. And, if you could turn of IR the green light would reflect through the glass at night causing a problem.
4) The field of view is slightly narrower than NestCam.
In addition to the nighttime IR issue, I have attached pictures which include an evening (slightly dark out) comparison between Nest and Amazon. You can see the Amazon cam is slightly brighter, but noticeably narrower and more distorted.
Related to Amazon Cloud Cam Security Camera
Created on Aug 15th 2018 02:21. Viewed 365 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.