Wide Variety Of Arc Welding Machines Online To Choose Fromby Ankita Awasthi Article Writer, Seo Analyst
There are basically six types of Arc Welding Machines - Flux cored arc welding machines, gas metal arc welding machines, gas tungsten arc welding machines, plasma arc welding machines, shielded metal arc welding machines and submerged arc welding machines. Welding arc machines are categorized on the basis of electrode methods utilized by them for welding process. Flux cored arc welding machines, shielded metal arc welding machines, gas metal arc welding machines and submerged arc welding machines utilize consumable electrode methods for the welding process while gas tungsten arc welding machines and plasma arc welding machines utilize non-consumable electrode method for the welding process. Let’s get into details -
Flux Cored Arc Welding Machine: Flux-cored arc welding machine utilizes FCAW wire which is a fine metal tube filled with powdered flux materials. This kind of machine is widely preferred in construction due of its high welding speed and portability. Though the welding process mainly depends upon the flux to generate required protection from atmosphere but sometimes shielding gas is also used.
2) Submerged Arc Welding Machine: This kind of arc welding machine is basically used for increasing weld quality. Submerged arc welding machine covers the arc under a bed of granulated flux and prevents the weld from contamination caused by non-requisite matter. The best part about submerged arc welding machine is that it not only saves molten weld from atmospheric contamination but also saves the user from sparks and UV radiation.
3) MIG/Gas Metal Arc Welding Machine: MIG or Metal inert gas welding machine consistently utilizes electrode and an inert gas to protect the weld from contamination. It is an automatic or semi-automatic machine which is used for various purposes like welding stainless steel, aluminium and a variety of steel materials. These welding machines also renowned for their speedy performance.
4) Shielded Arc Welding Machine: Shielded metal arc welding machine or flux shielded arc welding machine utilizes consumable electrode covered with a flux to lay the weld. During the welding process, an electric current is used to form an electric arc between the electrode and the metals to be joined. Both the electrode and workpiece melt while forming a pool of molten metal that cools to form a joint. When the weld is laid, flux coating of the electrode disintegrates which releases vapors that serve as a shielding gas which protects the weld area from atmospheric contamination.
5) TIG Welding Machine: As the name suggests, TIG or gas tungsten arc welding machines utilize tungsten and an inert gas for welding. These machines depend upon non-consumable electrodes for welding and are used in welding variety of materials like stainless steel, steel, aluminium, brass, titanium, magnesium alloys and copper etc.
6) Plasma Arc Welding Machine: It utilizes the same arc welding process which is utilized in gas tungsten arc welding. In plasma arc welding process, the electrode is positioned within the body of the torch and then the plasma is separated from shielding gas envelope. The plasma is then forced to enter a fine-bore copper nozzle which mainly subdues the arc. At last, plasma exits the orifice at high velocities.
Besides these; there are numerous other types such as Arc Welding Transformer, Inverter Welding Machine, AMPS Single Phase Arc Welding Transformer, Cutting Machine MIG Welding Machine which are widely in demand owing to their particular characteristics and features.
Created on Feb 28th 2019 02:18. Viewed 95 times.