Why You should Register Your Brand on Amazon?by Mary T Moreno I'm Entrepreneur and Writer
If you are going to sell online, it is important that you register your brand. Why? Because in this way, you will prevent another user from starting to use the same brand. To register your brand before and force you to change your name. By registering your brand, you can make exclusive use of the name. You will create a reputation around it and generate greater credibility in the consumer.
How to do it? There are different ways. Nowadays we are going to focus on one. This is Amazon, the largest e-commerce marketplace around the World. So, if you want to register your brand on Amazon you can do it from now through Amazon Brand Registry. Amazon Brand Registry is a tool which will allow you to legally identify yourself with the customers of the marketplace.
How to register your brand on Amazon?
Amazon offers all companies the option to register their brand through Amazon Brand Registry. This tool informs you about how to carry out the process and get the registration successfully. To improve your products ranking, Amazon SEO for 2020 can play a vital role. So, you should follow some practical tips for it. In this article,
we have summarized in a few steps what to do to be able to register your brand in the marketplace. You must have an open account. The requirements that you will be asked for are the following:
· Have the ability to recognize you as the owner of the rights or authorized agent of the brand.
· Have a registered and active trademark in commercial offices. Such as the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), any registered trademark organizations, the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO).
· Have photographs in which the name or logo of your the company appears on your products or packaging (in this case it would not be valid with adhesive labels or similar).
· That the brand is represented as denominative and figurative in words, letters or numbers. For this it will be necessary and important that the word mark be in accordance with the name of the brand that appears in the application (check it before submitting your application).
If you meet all these requirements, you can then log in to Amazon Brand Registry and register your brand. If you are already an Amazon vendor, use your Vendor /Seller Central credentials to log in, using the same username and password to access the features and advantages of the Registry. If you are not, you must create it. But in any case, to process the registration you will need:
· Name of the active registered trademark.
· Registration number of the brand.
· List of product categories (clothing, sporting goods, electronics) where the brand will be located.
· List of countries where brand products are manufactured and distributed.
Once the information has been submitted, Amazon will contact you to send you a verification code. You will have to return it to complete the registration process, and once done they will give you access to the full package of features and benefits of your Trademark Registration.
In general, the process is simple and will not take much time. But why is Amazon a good option to register your brand? Keep reading.
Advantages of registering your brand on Amazon:
There are different reasons why it is interesting that you register your brand on Amazon. On the one hand, a trademark registered in any e-commerce the marketplace is more reliable for consumers. As mentioned above, you can create a reputation around it. Give a much more professional and serious image, and therefore increase your number of followers and your sales. Follow the SEO trends for 2020 to rank your products on Google easily.
the other hand, registering your brand in the marketplace guarantees
you greater security. No other seller may attempt to replace or
counterfeit your brand or products if you are registered. Think that, like
you; thousands of sellers share on Amazon and perhaps some of them act
fraudulently. Amazon's way of knowing who the brand owner really is
through Amazon Brand Registry. Although nothing
categorically prevents this type of practice, having a trademark registration
does give you some security. You can inform Amazon in case of a lack related to
intellectual property, as long as it has been used without your consent.
Created on Mar 7th 2020 08:12. Viewed 421 times.